Audio sync issues

- I recently bought WD TV live and seagate theatre+ to compare and evaluate which one to keep. The main problem I see with WD TV live is the audio sync issues when running DVD movies

WD TV live was running .17 version. I had audio sync issues in running any of my DVD movies stored on hard drive. I dont get the same problem with theatre +. Then I upgraded the WD firmware to .24. still same problem.

This issue is talked a lot in other forums like

http://wdtvhd.com/index.php?s=a71460c05a3096851fdc718e2b3d377f&showtopic=8778&st=40, so I imagine this is a well known issue but I dont know why this subject is not brought up in this forum at all?

I would like to know how can i workaround this issue or even fix it. Any idea of a new firmware is going to fix this issue in near future?

1 Like

I have same problem too. Any resolution of this issue?

Is seagate theatre+ a better media player? Do you recommend that?

is anyone else still experiencing this?

with FW .24, it seems to effect LESS files than before  . . . but it is still a major problem with a number of files that are playing just fine on other devices.

any suggestions?

Yes I have just bought this device and having the same problems with audio sync with all videos of all formats, mainly mkv’s but generally any video is affected.  I updated to 1.01.77 and this made the audio sync issue even more random.  I have looked all over and can’t find a fix to this and I’m thinking of throwing this piece of junk into the bin.

Fante wrote:

Yes I have just bought this device and having the same problems with audio sync with all videos of all formats, mainly mkv’s but generally any video is affected.  I updated to 1.01.77 and this made the audio sync issue even more random.  I have looked all over and can’t find a fix to this and I’m thinking of throwing this piece of junk into the bin.

Based on that firmware (1.01.77), you bought a WD TV HD Gen 2, not a WD TV Live (latest firmware 1.01.24).  

If you have issues with your player, you need to post them in the correct forum:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-HD/bd-p/tv_hd