Audio Question

Hi,

I am just about to get the WDTV Live, but just have a quick question.  I have a sound system that uses a standard 3.5mm stereo audo jack (like the one for headphones).  Will I be able the us the a/v out to plug into this?

Thanks!

yes of course.  you need a mini jack 3.5mm to rca jacks adapters or get a cable with rca jacks on one end and a mini jack on the other.  these are standard cables that can be found in different places.

mikegc wrote:

Hi,

I am just about to get the WDTV Live, but just have a quick question.  I have a sound system that uses a standard 3.5mm stereo audo jack (like the one for headphones).  Will I be able the us the a/v out to plug into this?

Thanks!

NO, you cannot use this for just sound.  The AV out is for our Composite cable which includes video.  It’s proprietary, so you may not get sound out of one of the channels.  Do you have an optical cable into your sound system?  That would work better.

Or you could go to Radio Shack and get an RCA female to 3.5mm stereo jack and connect the composite cable audio left/right to it – that should work.

I’d take the cable itself to Radio Shack and explain what you are trying to do, though.