Audio issues with Blu-ray Dolby TrueHD audio -- downgrade it to AC3?

I’m putting my blu-ray collections to a 2tb western digital hard drive, hoping to play the blu-ray movies with WD TV Live plus. But after I rip Superman Returns I found the Dolby TrueHD audio does not play any audio when I play the file through my WD TV Live plus. This is very annoying. I am now looking for a method to extract the audio stream so that I can convert it to AC3 and add it back in, as I’m sure the Live plus and my surround sound system plays Dolby Digital well. BTW, I need more than one audio track.

So what exactly tool should I use for encoding/converting Blu-ray TrueHD audio to AC3?

The last time I tried to demux a TrueHD track with tsMuxeR all it gave me was the AC3 core. You can also pull just the core if you want.

tsmuxer can extract the TrueHD/AC3 “interweaved” stream, but for my purposes I want to do this with eac3to. eac3to can extract both the TrueHD and the AC3 stream, but I can’t see how to extract them together

I suggest you use bytecopy, which is an ideal tool ripping Blu-ray Disc to MKV file for playback HD media players. It lets you down convert TrueHD and DTS-HD to AC3 5.1 audio, and keeps the audio tracks you want.  As to video and subtitle steams, you can either choose lossless pass-through or re-compression. I’m ripping all my blu-rays to mkv using bytecopy, all mkv files play fine on my wdtv live.

I tried tsMuxer and bytecopy. The former is good freeware. But to save troubles, I bought the latter shareware. Multi-audio encoding is a great feature. I’m intending to convert all DTS movie to AC3.

Thanks, finally get it works:smileyvery-happy:

Bobtang wrote:

Thanks, finally get it works:smileyvery-happy:

Please tell us how you got it to work for you…

Others can learn from your experience.