Audio Issue with playing DTS videos

Ok, where do I start. I have downloaded several 720p X264 movies, and it seems that unless I download those with Dolby Digital audio, that the audio is tinny. I have a Yamaha HTR-5140 Surround Sound System. I have it set for the TV/DBS Prologic Enhanced mode, when I have the WD TV Live Media Player operational. Like I said it will play the Dolby Digital just fine, but when I download any video with DTS audio, it sounds very tinny. ay there be a pluggin that I may use to fix this issue?  Or is there something I’m missing in the setup of the device? Thank you in adavance. :neutral_face:

CaJazzman wrote:

Ok, where do I start. I have downloaded several 720p X264 movies, and it seems that unless I download those with Dolby Digital audio, that the audio is tinny. I have a Yamaha HTR-5140 Surround Sound System. I have it set for the TV/DBS Prologic Enhanced mode, when I have the WD TV Live Media Player operational. Like I said it will play the Dolby Digital just fine, but when I download any video with DTS audio, it sounds very tinny. ay there be a pluggin that I may use to fix this issue?  Or is there something I’m missing in the setup of the device? Thank you in adavance. :neutral_face:

Have you checked/ticked DTS indicating you have DTS capable Amplifier in your Setup?

Go to Setup > Audio/Video Output  > Audio Output and hit “OK”,  Select Digital Pass- Via Optical Only.  Ensure you have a tick/check beside Dobly Digital capable Receiver and DTS Capable Receiver.  If you have a tick beside AAC you MAY not get any sound when you play a AAC audio file.  If you have a tick beside those options (DD and DTS) use the right direction button to illuminate the large tick/check on the right hand side and click on OK.  Now you have enabled DTS to be output to your amplifier.

If you have already tried this I am afraid I am unable to help you.

Yes, everything you have stated is how my setup is at this time. I’ve found and read many others are having the same issue with the newest firmware upgrade. So, I’d say that I’m  not alone. But, thank you for your advise.