Asus-n53 dual band wifi adapter

I just purchased an Asus-n53 dual band adapter.  IT will not work with my WDTV Live.  Can anyone help?

I previously had an Asus-n13 2.4ghz adapter and it worked fine.  I gave that to my mother and figured another Asus would work fine.  I was wrong.

It all depends on the internal chipset and not the manufacturer.

So i’m most likely out of luck with this product?

same driver for all chipsets they should be close.  Any testing being done on Asus n-53 adapter?

jkeefe wrote:

I just purchased an Asus-n53 dual band adapter.  IT will not work with my WDTV Live.  Can anyone help?

I previously had an Asus-n13 2.4ghz adapter and it worked fine.  I gave that to my mother and figured another Asus would work fine.  I was wrong.

Asus N-13 is on the list.  Asus N-53 isn’t.

And no, if one is a Dual Band and one is a single band, then they are not “Close.”

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5688/session/L3RpbWUvMTMyMTM4ODcxMC9zaWQvdFV4R2JjSms%3D

i realize n53 is not on the list… just hoping since basically a ton of ralink chipsets are supported it would be also… and a linksys dual band works with a ralink chipset…

thanks again… hopefully an upgrade will enable it to work sooner rather than later

Just to say that I’d also be interested in seeing the N53 card being supported in a future firmware.

Thanks!

Phil