Assigning static IP to wireless

Hi, I’m using my WD live hub with an external wifi usb key and I’m wondering if there is a way to assign it a static IP address.

Looking in the configuration panel I didn’t find anything since it seems using only DHCP.

Is that related to the fact that i’m using an USB key?

Thanks in advance.

How about if you would made an exepction on your DHCP server for Hub MAC address?

Gorante wrote:

Hi, I’m using my WD live hub with an external wifi usb key and I’m wondering if there is a way to assign it a static IP address.

Looking in the configuration panel I didn’t find anything since it seems using only DHCP.

Thanks in advance.

After you choose WIRELESS, the next option is AUTOMATIC versus MANUAL.    MANUAL=STATIC.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Gorante wrote:

Thanks in advance.

After you choose WIRELESS, the next option is AUTOMATIC versus MANUAL.    MANUAL=STATIC.

Found it, but it’s not exactly as you stated, it’s a bit tricky:

I had to chose “cable” instead of “wireless”, here there is the choice between manual or automatic, switching to manual works also for wireless (even if it’s a bit confusing since it’s under “wired” configuration).

Thanks anyways!

Hmmm. 

I just tried on both of my hubs — it works as I describe originally.

After choosing WIRELESS (and entering whatever options are required to connect to your WiFi network) the next prompt is AUTOMATIC or MANAUL – Selecting MANUAL allows a static IP.

I never needed to select WIRED first…