Aronis true image for WD bootable media loads but cannot see my NAS Mycloudpr2100

I have successfully created a backup of my entire drive on my Dell 5400 using Acronis True Image for Western Digital. I have also successfuly created an Acronis bootable media on a USB thumb drive. I have gone into the BIOS setup and made the US thumb Drive the first boot option and disabled secure boot.

When my machine reboots it opens x:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome_starter.exe. However even waiting for 5 minutes so the network can connect with my NAS Mycloud PR2100, when I “Browse fro Location”, I cannot see my NAS drive and thus cannot recover the drive on my Dell 5400.

Help!!!

Hi @niplah,

Please be informed that WD does not recommend using the external drive as a bootable device.

However, you can clone your existing drive to SSD manually also without creating bootable media.

Note: WD recommends taking backup of the data to avoid potential loss.

Please refer to the link given below to know How to Manually Clone a Disk with Acronis True Image for Western Digital.

Title: How to Manually Clone a Disk with Acronis True Image for Western Digital
Link: Manually Clone a Disk with Acronis True Image for Western Digital

Thank you for the prompt feedback. However if Western Digital does not recommend using an extrenal drive as a bootable device, why is it an option in the Acronis True Image for Western Digital App! Seems someone was not as thorough in evaluating and refining the software before bundling in with Western Digital’s WDCloud PR 2100! It appears that my plan to make an entire backup of the disk and then use the backup to copy to setup a new laptop with an exact copy of my existing machine with exactly the same setup and paswords.

Hi,

For more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask