Are they ever going to fix the network thumbnail bug?

mkelley wrote:

Hmmm, that’s a very interesting idea.   I’m just a *little* skeptical of it, though, since at least in my setup I notice it appears to be “reading” the thumbs every time I access the folder the next time I turn the Live on.

Still, worth a try – if it does work it would not be difficult to copy the thumbs back in if I ever needed to reset the unit (which, truth be told, is with every firmware update).

Beware you will also lose them if you have to unplug the unit  (recycle the power)

Yeah, that too.  It may end up being a bigger PITA than it’s worth.  Still, i"m kinda curious to know if it really does work (and if it turned out I needed to copy them back temporarily I could always write a script to do that so it would just be a one click solution).

I agree with you on this issue (like everybody else), what I’m wondering is, will they make sure this is the case for the subtitle files as well??

I have a folder for each movie, which with the current firmware shows the movie itself, the jpeg and the subtitle file!

Another thing i thought about is, you can only have one language subtitle for each film since the two files (movie and .srt file) have to have completely similar names! So if I have three .srt files with three different languages, I have to name one of them the same name as the movie file, and the others have to have different names and therefor wont be associated with the movie file…

Well, in your case I’d recommend switching to a container that allows you to embed the subs in it, like MKV (which is what I use and which the Live digests *really* well).