Arcus surveillance audio

Hello, I have a DL4100 and am using the Arcus app. One Hikvision camera in operation at the moment recording and playback successful. Except the Audio recording. I have set the Audio to ‘‘Audio always (Not legal in all places, requires re-login)’’ but still no audio.What does the re-login mean as I have logged back in several times. I know my camera audio is working as it records to other devices ok. Any ideas or suggestions please.

Hey Andy :slight_smile: Thanks for the post!

Did you follow the set-up guide on our Knowledge Base site? Could you post the camera’s model here?
Do you have other cameras which you can try? I’ll look into that and will post back with more info!

Cheers!

Captain_WD.

Thank you for your interest in my problem. The camera is a Hikvision DS-2CD3132F-IWS. I only have one camera fitted at the moment and will be fitting one of the same model later this week. As far as I know I followed the setup procedure correctly and as a User I have Administrator rights. With this Camera it has a Micro SD Card that is a User optional accessory and the Video & Audio are saved successfully on this card for playback. The camera was immediately recognized by the DL4100 Arcus App & records video fine. Just not the Audio, Yet. Together we will beat this Captain.

Hey again Andy :slight_smile:

I hope this info will be useful:
The Arcus software alone doesn’t really record live audio streaming. In case your camera supports audio (which I believe yours does) it will be recorded but you won’t really be able to hear it unless you export the video. Once exported, the audio should be there.
Arcus has a option to export pieces of video that can be locally, these exported ‘clips’ should have the audio in them.

Please, try that and see if it works properly. :slight_smile:

Captain_WD.

Hello Captain
Ok I have tried what you have suggested and audio now seems to be OK. So to re-cap the video needs to be exported then played and audio will be present. Thank you for your help Captain.

Yes, the video needs to be exported so you can have the sound present. :slight_smile: You are most welcome, glad I could help.
If there’s anything else you need assistance with - feel free to post back or post another topic!

Cheers!

Captain_WD.