Arcus motion detection with Axis camera on EX4100

Hello!
I have an Axis M1054 camera that is on the supported devices list for the Arcus software.
The problem here is that on the cameras page the motion detection states it is disabled.
When I press Configure there is only three main options, General, Video and Recording
I am missing the fourth main option: Motion Detection

What can be done to activate the motion detection menu in Arcus software??
Arcus software version is 2.2/307478
Camera firmware is 5.50.3. It has also been factory reset. (tried also with latest firmware 5.50.3.4)
I´d be very thankful if anyone has a solution or idea =)
//Markus

Hey there, Markus!

I have an idea! How about checking your Axis M1054 camera settings? Make sure you got the Motion Detection Windows set up from there first. You should be able to configure it, once you go to Detectors > Motion Detection. From what I’ve read, using the motion detection feature may decrease the camera’s overall performance, so you should keep that in mind as well.
However, I’d strongly recommend you refer to the camera’s manual and find out how to set it all up using the guidelines there.

Can you also share some screenshots of the Configuration settings from the Arcus Software, please? They would be really useful. Meanwhile, I will do some more research on your issue and let you know if I find anything that could further help you.

Keep me posted & good luck! :slight_smile:
SuperSoph_WD

Hi SuperSoph_WD!

Thank you for your support!

I have checked and tested the camera regarding setting up Motion Detection Windows, it works perfectly when the camera is running stand-alone, it saves motion detected movie(s) as expected to a server share. I have tested PIR detection and it works too.

This means the Arcus software is not detecting the capabilites of the camera?
Picture below: Motion detection disabled

When I go to the Configure menu, this is what I see first on the General menu:

This is the next menu, Video:

And the third menu, Recording:

The only options under Recording are; Always or Never.

Hopefully a solution can be found soon, any ideas are worth trying and welcome!

Thanks again :slight_smile:
//Markus

Hi again,

I have uninstalled and re-installed the Arcus software on the NAS.

I have even activated the extra ‘Motion detection app’ in the camera:.

This is the standard motion detection menu on the camera:

I have tested Arcus software with my second network camera, Axis P1425-LE, and same issue here;
There is no submenu for Motion Detection and is says it is ‘Motion detection: disabled’ like in the first picture with the M1054 camera.

Any ideas what to try next, anyone?

//Markus

Hello again, Markus!

Thank you for the screenshots! I’m sorry for the late reply, though. After some more in-depth research, it turned out that the Motion Detection feature using the Milestone ARCUS surveillance platform is only available on the My Cloud DL2100 and My Cloud DL4100 NAS systems. :frowning2:

This information should be shared as a note on the key features of the software during their next website update.

Hope I was helpful. Best of luck!
SuperSoph_WD

Hi SuperSoph_WD!

That was not the kind of solution I was expecting. :slight_smile:

However, thank you for your efforts finding out why it does not work.

Best regards,
Markus

Great… Now i have two Hikvision Cam and the EX will not support motiondetection. Great Job Folks… bettet Tell me this before bying…
I m verry angry about such handling with buyers… Never again…

Hey there Lothar,

I’m really sorry to hear about the situation. We have a note in the description of the Milestone Arcus Surveillance Software that the Motion detection is only available on WD My Cloud DL2100 and WD My Cloud DL4100.

I will pass the feedback at to the guys and see what improvements we can make. Thank you for the comment!

Captain_WD.

Motion Detection is now supported on the EX2100, EX4100 and EX2 Ultra in Milestone Arcus 2.3