Application Not Found (My Passport Essential 2T USB 3.0)

Hello,

10 days ago, I bought WD My Passport Essential 2T USB 3.0. For the first time, everything was okay. Then the problem started.

When I connected WD to my laptop, it appeared as CD drive and could not open at all and showd the message ‘Application not found’.

I’ve reinstalled the WD SES Driver.

But when i used WD VCD manager, it said ‘no device found’

Finally, i uninstalled WD SmartWare from my laptop.

Please help me.

For me SmartWare seems like SuckWare … really troublesome.

Sorry to hear about your issue but the basic steps should be taken such as checking or changing the data cable to make sure its secure. Also which version of windows are you running. And finally try to do a firmware update to see if the drive is recognized. If you receive a message stating please connect WD device, I would suggest you replace the drive.

1 Like

Thanks Mr. Lawrence,

I re-installed SmartWare again and the problem still exists. My OS is windows 7 x64.

While connecting my WD device, SmartWare says ‘No Writable WD SmartWare Partation found’.

Is it because of SmartWare or The Device ?

bakaba wrote:

While connecting my WD device, SmartWare says ‘No Writable WD SmartWare Partation found’.

Is it because of SmartWare or The Device ?

This message means the drive is not been recognized,  please make sure drive appears on Computer. Try connecting the drive to a different port, if desktop computer make sure you try the ones on the rear end. Once the drive is recognized you’ll be able to use it with Smartware. You can also make sure if the drive is formatted, for info on  how to format

Please bare in mind that formatting will erase any data on the drive

Hope this helps.