Apple Carplay and the MyCloud app

I am throwing this out there and not sure if its been mentioned before, but is there any developing work on making the My-Cloud app usable thru the Apple Carplay? I use the My-Cloud app all the time, and it works wonderful with my My-Cloud server, and my apple Iphone 6plus. I just got a new 2018 GMC Sierra pickup truck and it has Apple Carplay, which I love using and was kinda bummed that the My-Cloud app is not compatible. Do you think that would ever be possible to be used through Apple Carplay?

Thanks

Sean D. Arning
Proud and very happy customer of WD products

2 Likes

What is the version of iOS on carplay?

I am using the current IOS version on my Iphone6 plus. IOS version 11.2.6 In the GMC screen, they are able to see different apps and I was wondering if the Mycloud app could be an option?

Thanks
Sean

Any update on this? I also want to know if WD is creating this capability. This would seem like a no brainer. Need to keep relevant if you want to survive.

Why not? We need carplay compatibility

I’m curious about the My-Cloud app, but before I download it, there are a few things I’d like to know When using Carplay, what version of iOS is required for compatibility?
Thanks