[APP] Transmission various versions for firmware V4+ (05/2020)

See the note in the first paragraph of the first post in this thread; the counter isn’t visible, therefore Nazar’s website is currently offline.

1 Like

I have custom active anti-bots firewall running on MyCloud :wink: Any spams or 3x fail logins attempts to my http/ftp/ftps/sftp/ssh etc will be automatically blocked. If these attacks prolonged which looked like DDoS or brute force, its ISP subnet will go into my iptables.

For your case 212.90.32.0/19 (it-tv.org) is in my ipset drop list:

On top of providing these free services to the public, I’m also using the MyCloud for personal use i.e. cron-backups/feeds/torrents etc and others login into it externally so I have to tighten its security. If you are a donor and you can’t connect, please contact me privately with your DonationID to resolve this because 99.9% of the time it’s a case close call unless I see suspicious activities. Else you need to find other alternatives maybe connect the MyCloud to a different ISP (note most VPNs are blocked too) as I don’t have the time to report all these nonsense to its relevant ISP.

Hi everyone. First of all apologies for being dumb!

i am planning to buy WD MyCloud 2TB external nas hard disk drive.

part number is: WDBCTL0020HWT-10
model number is: WDBCTL0020HWT-ESSN

Will this support Plex and Tranmission apps ?

Please can you help on this

Thanks.

That is a gen2/v2 single bay MyCloud.

It will not support this mod to install transmission, since this mod is for the v4 firmware.

The model does not support the official installation of apps.

If you want to install Plex or transmission, it will have to be via unofficial means. Search the forum for those keywords.

1 Like

Hey, any other option to install transmission? Did a firmware upgrade and Nazar’s page unreachable…

Refer to my previous post.

##################################################

.:/installer.fcgi v3.0/:. by Nazar78

Powered by Perl5 Multithreaded FastCGI

And hosted on WDMyCloud 4TB 04.05.00-315

##################################################

Package: transmission_2.92-1 (07 Mar 2016)
Description: Transmission for WDMyCloud V4 Firmware

Error-1: Unable to determine page size memory!

latest firmware 04.05.00-315

hey @Nazar78 , how are you? great post!
I’m downloading a 50gb file and seeing a rather high cpu usage with unstable download speeds. So I googled around and came across this issue: Download "big" torrents is reduced download speed and slow down transmission (bottleneck to single core of cpu). · Issue #306 · transmission/transmission · GitHub.
To sum up, it says that you should use special flags (CFLAGS=“$CFLAGS -g -O2” and CXXFLAGS=“$CXXFLAGS -g -O2” in configure.ac) to compile Transmission for dual-core systems.

As you can see, Transmission is only using one core. Could you check if it is possible to fix this? I’ll be glad to help with everything I can.

1 Like

hi
i want to install transmission 2.92 (when your mycloud will be online).
i had transmission 2.82 but i ahd to change the hdd from my cloud. i saved transmission folder (with downloads and torrents fodlers) and saved .comfin/transmission-daemon folder.
so my question is: if i install 2.92, is settings.json (and other stats/settings/theme) compatible? or what steps should i do to get transmission back like it was but on v. 2.92?

thanks

@Nazar78
OK, this is ridiculous.
I have tried so many times to get the credentials in order to re-install transmission due to firmware update but there is a loop on your website.
I only get ads all the time but no credentials.
Please fix it or stop cheating on us.

@Nazar78
Got same loop once I’m clicking captcha field.
Page reloads itself to previous state instead of giving me an ability to enter captcha.
Amy solution?

ps Sorry for my English, it isn’t my native

2 Likes

I had to reinstall transission and now into destination folder there is /var/lib/transmission-daemon/downloads
I dowloaded a 3GB movie but i cant see where it is now.
I cant find it neither into WD Mycloud app nor into my network laptop (i try also hidden files and folders)

Please help.

Plus what i can set into destination folder to easily find my downloaded files?

Tnx for your help

mau——

@Nazar78 could you unblock my IP: 31.179.26.xx . I would like to do upgrade of WD firmware and reinstall Transmission.

Hi, I have just setup my wd cloud 3tb v4.05.320. I am helpless in case of torrent client. would you please let me know how can i get this transmission client as the url mentioned in this topic is not working.
thanks in advance

@Nazar78 please reply
Hi, I have just setup my wd cloud 3tb v4.05.320. I am helpless in case of torrent client. would you please let me know how can i get this transmission client as the url mentioned in this topic is not working.
thanks in advance

@ Nazar78 thank you very much for the great work you do and the help you give us.

I have a question, I noticed that transmission can not connect / pair with the whole swarm of a torrent, if a torrent has two seeds it can be connected to one or none, if I try another manager say utorrent this if it connects with the two seeds, why is this case?

Hi @Nazar78 the links to your server don’t work anymore and it seems impossible to find any build for Transmission 64k page size online. Do you think you could put it back online or at least share it via another file sharing service?
Thank you for your help.

I advise you to forget this method, he is profiting from an opensource software that is not his, it takes months without giving code, you have no choice but to pay for Paypal

Check this Other method, Work perfectly!!!

See first post to download bash file and post from @unuspromulti in May 2017

Hi Nazar,

Thanks for your amazing work! I’ve been trying to update the transmission on my WDMyCloud to 2.93… However, I can’t get the credentials on your website? I follow the steps shown in the video, I click on the link, see the ads, re-click on the link, re-see the ads etc… But I can’t get the opportunity to write the captcha and see the credentials for some reasons…