[APP] Transmission various versions for firmware V4+ (05/2020)

installs only…yes yes sorry.

And thanks for the info.

Hmm I have an issue like this:
WDCloud-Albert:~# curl teanazar.com/installer.fcgi?transmission_2.84-1|sh;
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 106 0 106 0 0 100 0 --:–:-- 0:00:01 --:–:-- 100
sh: line 1: Error:: command not found

Newest firmware 04.04.02-105 (1/27/2016)

What could be wrong?
:frowning:

Live Counter

Note: Can’t see live counter image above? Try again later as my WDMyCloud is offline!

■■■■, it looks I have some issues with my sight :stuck_out_tongue: Sorry, really didn’t notice that :frowning:

@albertc180 no problem. It’s back online now.

Hi Nazar78, I don’t suppose this would work on a DL2100? I’m stuck on the vanilla 2.77 wd build.

Hi phil6891,

Sorry I don’t have your device to support. Only MyCloud Gen1 single bay is running on Debian, the rest including the Gen2 is running on busybox. Unless someone could allow me testing on their devices, or if I plan to get the DL series in the future, I can’t help much for now.

Hello !
WD MyCloud I am the owner of a 4.xxx and want to put him or another program Transmission torrent. I need all the command line for Putty. Mention that are new to Linux and use Windows as the operating system.
Thank you!

You need to enable SSH from the WD Dashboard settings, then use putty to SSH into the MyCloud. From there onwards follow the instructions on the top of this page.

Yes I have enabled SSH connection root of My Cloud. I want only to install Transmission . I tried something I thought was good but not open ip MyCloud: 9091.

After installing try accessing using your MyCloud IP address instead of hostname.

Can’t download tried three times since yesterday,Here’s the output from putty:

WDMyCloud:~# curl teanazar.com/installer.fcgi?transmission_2.84-1|sh;
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 21339 0 21339 0 0 32839 0 --:–:-- --:–:-- --:–:-- 32829
##################################################

.:/installer.fcgi v3.0/:. by Nazar78

Powered by Perl5 Multithreaded FastCGI

And hosted on WDMyCloud 4TB 04.01.02-417

##################################################

Package: transmission_2.84-1 (05 Nov 2014)
Description: Transmission for WDMyCloud V4 Firmware

Note:
If you’re behind web proxy, try my alternate port ‘8245’:

curl teanazar.com:8245/installer.fcgi?transmission_2.84-1|sh;

To prioritize my 1Gbps internet uploads for those who have made donations,
anonymous downloads are limited to ‘50KB/s’ & ‘2’ download attempts per/hour.

*** You’re currently left with ‘2’ download attempt(s). ***
*** Please save all your work before continuing with the installation. ***
*** Unauthorized attempts is not tolerated and warrants permanent ban! ***

Disclaimer:
By you using this free service, you hereby agree taking full
responsibilities of any fault/damages resulted by/from your
actions and/or the developer’s contributions. No personal
information was published or sensitive data transmitted.
All trademarks/copyrights/licenses/credits remain
property of their respective holders.

Do you agree? (<[N]o/[Y]es> in 10secs) y
Negative! Have a nice day (-:

Everytime I try installing,at ‘Do you agree’ when I press y or Y,I get ‘Negative! Have a nice day (-:’

Think I’ve replied you at my site. You seems to have issues with STDIN.

Yes bro,got it up and running.Thanks for your help.

Hello!

I started having big problems with Transmission, spent few days on this, and cannot crack this.

Some background:

1. Initially I had Transmission running on my WD and using internet connection d:60mbit u:6mbit, hooked up to Thomson router
  2. I decided to take a better package from my ISP - upgraded to d:250mbit, u:20mbit. I got a new Compal router.
  3. In same time, I upgraded my firmware on WD to 04.04.01-112

Problem:
Now every time I start a torrent in Transmission, after some short time (or immediately) the transmission client freezes… Whole WD freezes - I get kicked out of Putty SSH. On router DHCP clients list WD goes missing, I cannot ping it - dead… I need to unplug power cable and plug in again.

Here is my log - I am not sure about the dates, I did clear firmware install today, so maybe dates were not updated.
http://pastebin.com/FGBUbe2K

I had also qBittorrent - similar behavior. On NZBget on the other hand -** files are downloading nicely, no freezes**.

I think I tried almost everything, reinstalling Transmission, re-flashing ROM. What I was not able to do is to downgrade to previous ROM - is there a way to do this?

Can my ISP be the problem here? Maybe this internet is too fast for WD to handle? I just wonder why on NZBget it works well…

Side problem with VPN - not sure if this has influence on WDMYCLOUD:
PS. I also had big problems with this new router - normally on PC I was using PIA OpenVPN UDP client and it was working well. But with new router, torrents on PC were not downloading at all. What I discovered is that when I disable UPnP & firewall, download speed got better.

Finally I purchased ASUS N18U, installed L2TP VPN on it - and finally I get good speeds on my torrents on PC. But WDMYCLOUD is freezing :frowning:

Any help or advise would be highly appreciated. Anyone else has same issues on new firmware?

WDMyCloud is not powerful enough to handle large connections. For any torrent client, lower your connection i.e. 50 and download one at a time while queueing the rest.

Good afternoon, I try to install Nazar’s transmission and here:
Checking your internet response …
PING: 93.125.26.45 → teanazar.com = 6.351 secs

Warning! More than 5secs lag! Check your internet / DNS.

Your downloads may fail. Still proceed? (<[N] o / [Y] es> in 5secs) Y

Checking resources …
Error-13: Unable to retrieve required files! Fail to validate request. Report to me your IP '93 .125.26.45 'if you still have issues.

A couple of months ago, I installed it and everything was normal … I tried port 80 and 8245 …
I have a 3mpbs internet channel, but not white IP

Just try again, maybe I’m building something the MyCloud that contribute to the lag or it could be from your side.

Does anyone know if transmission 2.84 has been compiled for V3 firmware? I have tried twice in the past to update to V4 and both times it bricked my system, for which I had to pull the thing apart and do a recovery manually. I apologize in advance but this website is terrible for searching…

Hi all,

I just received a replacement WD My Cloud and the firmware is 2.11.133.
The strange thing is that the system says the firmware is up to date, so I cannot update to v4.x

Is it possible to install the transmission on my device?