[APP] Transmission various versions for firmware V4+ (05/2020)

DavDC wrote:

Hi again everybody,

I checked my seed limits but everything seems to be ok  !

However, I think I found the source of my problem. The port 51413 remains closed ! I have tried to follow all the steps on the Internet… But it remains “closed”…

Is there any way to get it fix easily ? (I am on a Mac)

I managed to get a static IP… I have checked the box “automatic forwarding port” in transmission… I tried to set it manually but I’m not sure if I did it in the right way (probably not). Here is the line I have when I go to my routeur settings:

My question is: the column with the “local IP adress” should be filled with the local IP ? or with my external IP ?

Sometimes the UPNP fails to automatically open the port due to port conflicts or router error during the UPNP request but sometimes it is in fact already open if you’re lucky. Best is to open the port manually on your router.

I can’t see your router screenshot yet as it needs mods approval but commonly the IP it’s asking for is your WDMyCloud IP, then both TCP and UDP port 51413 (usually you can forward both TCP/UDP together, else create separately) as stated in transmission. If it’s asking for two ports (external/internal), both will be the same in this case 51413 for both TCP and UDP.

Hi Nazar78 Thanks for making Transmission available to us on WDMyCloud v4+

I installed it without any problem and am downloading my first file on this. Thanks again!

1 Like

Nazar78 wrote:

I never encountered such issue. Even while the torrents are still downloading and when I stopped the daemon (transmission-stop or even sigkill), it will resume back when I restart the daemon. This is provided that the *.torrent files are still in the ./torrents path and to resume where it’s left off, the *.resume file is also still in the ./resume path, else it will restart from zero byte. Do you have any script that moved/removed the *.torrent file?

Try stopping the daemon, rename the settings.json to settings.json.bak then restart transmission and retest.

After many trial & errors (deleting multiple time the settings.json and restarting the deamon) I found that this problem only occurs when I setup a watch-dir., if I manully add the torrent to transmission with the GUI, it works… I don’t understand why.

I really need a watch-dir for my sickbeard/sickrage configuration… Any idea ?

EDIT: in fact, the only way, for me, to make transmission to work is to manually upload the torrent with GUI. Neither watch-dir (reseting the GUI after restart) nor the direct transfer from sickbeard API to transmission (in this case torrents get stucks at the metadata process and never move on) works. How are you using transmisison guys ?

EDIT2 : managed to mak the sickbeard 2 transmission direct APi to works thanks to this :

https://forum.transmissionbt.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13284&sid=6fe53b1968c9141baa0258fc78b153c4&start=15

Actually you just need to activate random port in transmission.

However, the watch-dir is still an issue to me, but I can live with the aformentioned workaround.

macphistoo wrote:

Nazar78 wrote:

I never encountered such issue. Even while the torrents are still downloading and when I stopped the daemon (transmission-stop or even sigkill), it will resume back when I restart the daemon. This is provided that the *.torrent files are still in the ./torrents path and to resume where it’s left off, the *.resume file is also still in the ./resume path, else it will restart from zero byte. Do you have any script that moved/removed the *.torrent file?

Try stopping the daemon, rename the settings.json to settings.json.bak then restart transmission and retest.

After many trial & errors (deleting multiple time the settings.json and restarting the deamon) I found that this problem only occurs when I setup a watch-dir., if I manully add the torrent to transmission with the GUI, it works… I don’t understand why.

I really need a watch-dir for my sickbeard/sickrage configuration… Any idea ?

EDIT: in fact, the only way, for me, to make transmission to work is to manually upload the torrent with GUI. Neither watch-dir (reseting the GUI after restart) nor the direct transfer from sickbeard API to transmission (in this case torrents get stucks at the metadata process and never move on) works. How are you using transmisison guys ?

I only have FlexGet adding torrents automatically and it uses RPC. May be you could script your own RPC instead of using watch folder?

Think you can solve your issue with settings below. But this will reload those finished torrent after restart. You’ll need to remove them manually or with external scripts.

“trash-original-torrent-files”: false,

Here is the exact problem i have :

http://forum.xbian.org/thread-2050-post-20213.html#pid20213

or 

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Book-Live/Transmission-2-77-MAGNET-error/td-p/736314

macphistoo wrote:

or 

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Book-Live/Transmission-2-77-MAGNET-error/td-p/736314

You initially mentioned about disappearing torrents after daemon restart but those threads are magnet URI related?

Most of the time I use Remote Transmission android app to add the magnet URIs and it works everytime.

Nazar78 wrote:

macphistoo wrote:

or 

You initially mentioned about disappearing torrents after daemon restart but those threads are magnet URI related?

Most of the time I use Remote Transmission android app to add the magnet URIs and it works everytime.

I solved the issue with the magnet URI by starting the transmission deamon with logging enabled, it was due to a failed symlink (dammmm) for the torrents directory. So far so good !

I will try later to debug the issue (blank at restart) with the watch-dir & logging option. However, I prefer the magnet URI option because using this setup I can manage transmission from within the sickrage GUI, which is definitly great.

Tranmission works great, never even thought its possible. So many thanks everyone and a special thanks to Nazar78, great work man.

A little question, I’m really unfamiliar with Linux so it might be a really stupid question but i’ll try anyway.

Currently i’m able to download only 5 torrents at the same time, I saw some posts about modifying the settings.json file but I have no clue on how to reach it and what commands to use in order to do that. Any help please?

I managaed to change the number of queue torrents by the following stages:

1. transmission-stop

2. nano $HOME/.config/transmission-daemon/settings.json

1. change settings 

2. save changes by:

Hit control and o

Hit enter

Hit control and x

1. transmission-daemon

and thats all.

@LiorM

Yeah that’s how you edit in linux, keep it up! But most of the basic settings can be changed from the webgui.

Thx, it worked. 

But now unfortunatly my MyCloud keeps stuck and when it stuck I cant enter the drive, not from windows and not when I enter the IP number on chrome. Only when I plug out MyCloud and plug back in it resolves and after a few hours it gets stuck again…

Do you have an idea how can solve this? I returned to the original number of que torrents and it wont fix it.

LiorM wrote:

Thx, it worked. 

But now unfortunatly my MyCloud keeps stuck and when it stuck I cant enter the drive, not from windows and not when I enter the IP number on chrome. Only when I plug out MyCloud and plug back in it resolves and after a few hours it gets stuck again…

Do you have an idea how can solve this? I returned to the original number of que torrents and it wont fix it.

Yeah experienced those before. It’s caused by high IO/wait, other processes will starve if you have many torrent activities. Our WDMyCloud is not powerful enough. I set it to download one at a time. When I need full power torrenting, I rely on my i7 PC/Laptop.

@Nazar,

hey how you?

now that you mention the starvong of resources on the drive under “heavy” torrent load e.g 5 simultaneous downloads.

Do you think its somehow possible that it could take down the OS permanently i.e it doesnt respond to pings etc until i reboot the drive.

Why i ask this, because:  http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/No-network-connection-after-a-reboot-sometimes/td-p/881256/page/3

read my last post.

@alirz1

Fine thanks :slight_smile:

Yes it’s possible, IO Wait will affect everything on the NAS including swap paging. But for my case I can still ping except other services including SSHD doesn’t not respond.

Or if you have changed the IO scheduler to may be “noop”.

Well in all honesty I do think think it’s downloading torrents. But there are times when the drive simply freezes and does not respond to ANYTHING. Others have reported this issue also on these forums where they say the drive disappears from the network…

EDIT what ever its worh i set renice the transmission process to 10 so that it doesnt require real time urgency for CPU cycles.

Yeah that’s what I did too as so it won’t impact especially my web hostings.

I set all other background task such as mysql backups, various shell/perl/python/java scripts, flexget, transmission to below. So far no hang ups.

ionice -tc3 -n7 nice -n19

Speaking of flexget. I had moved it to my Openwrt router instead of the WD and it runs beautifully there… 

Hello, 

OK, I have installed Transmission. But how to access the client. What is the web address of Transmission GUI Web client?

marjano89 wrote:

Hello, 

OK, I have installed Transmission. But how to access the client. What is the web address of Transmission GUI Web client?

Not sure how you missed it. It’s stated right after you completed the installations: http://wdmycloud:9091 or what ever hostname you have renamed wdmycloud.

@Nazar78

Can you also compile qbittorent for V4? That would be amazing :smiley:

https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/wiki/Compiling-qBittorrent-on-Debian-and-Ubuntu#compiling-qbittorrent-without-the-qt5-graphical-interface

@Nazar78

This is not related to your Transmission install or anything, just a generic questions.

So yesterday i started one torrent download and shortly after my drive became unresponsive, the torrent was only about 600MB, so would not have taken more than 5-10 min to download… 

However my drive went into a limbo state and it never recovered even after 12 hours. I had to power cycle it. I think its an OS level issue. I have now lowered the number of peers to 45 per torrent thinking perhaps that created additinal load?

Please see my thread in more detail at:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/No-network-connection-after-a-reboot-sometimes/td-p/881256/page/3