[APP] Transmission various versions for firmware V4+ (05/2020)

If you have installed from my script, then the “user” should have no issues viewing, moving or deleting the downloads.

You could try remove the transmission config file (backup 1st) then reinstall using my installer.

Nah i had obtained the .deb from you in the past and had installed that manually.Thanks.

There’s been changes since those time. I’m planning to duplicate the structure similar to official 4k but not anytime soon.

In the latest WD 4.x software that is WD OS ready or whatever that means. Does the stock apt repo have 64k packages?

The OS3 is only WD’s implementation of MyCloud.

The ‘stock Debian wheezy repo’ uses a 4K page size. That’s what you’ll get it you apt-get. Which is why people brick their MyClouds trying it naively…

Plese help!
Is it possible to install transmission on chroot or not?
Thanx!

Possible but you’ll need to figure out the setups yourself as I assumed you’re aware that chroot is sort of jail root.

Nazar78, Great job!

Please, add info about Transmission Remote GUI
After download, in Connection settings use IP for Host, not alias (wdmycload.local) and RPC path: /transmission

Enjoy!

1 Like

No problem, thanks for sharing.

Does it possible to install transmission package only on v04.04.01-112 using
curl teanazar.com/installer.fcgi?transmission_2.84-1|sh;

script ?

Yes.

Thanks … Done :slight_smile:

Hello Nazar78,

Yesterday i connect to drive by putty and install Transmission from your script for v4, through port 22. At the begging everything looks ok.
Later yesterday i found that i dont have access to web panel, when i try to connect i see only text that is reading configuration. I tried to connect by Putty but it isnt possible. i try ping serwer IP and it works ok. Ip is still the same as it was at the beggining. i reset drive by it doesnt help (i used this button inside small hole at the back of WD). I have all ports open (80 and 443).
What is strange i can go through lan to the files on serwer, i can use torrent( ip:9091) and dlna is working.
The problem is that i dont have access to web panel (administrator panel) i cant connect by Putty.
Do you know what can be the reason? Maybe some advice what to do? Please help.

Installing Transmission will not affect the web panel. You might have some other issues.

I have questions for you though, did you tried to download more than one torrent at once and/or open up more than 50 connections? This could tremendously slow down the MyCloud including the web panel while torrents are active. Note the NAS is not powerful enough to handle too many connections. And the reset button is only good to restore WD’s stuffs not any other modifications.

Also were there any changes made to the Transmission config? Maybe you tried saving the downloads to other location but accidentally filled up the rootfs i.e. /root which could cause issues. Check your rootfs if it’s full, df -h /.

But i dont know how to check it as i cant connect to the drive by putty.?

you said you can connect to the transmission right? do you have any downloaded torrents in there? can you chceck where they are stored?

right click the torrent and choose “set location”

Then it should say something like this

if it says /root/Download/ or basically anything else than /DataVolume/shares/ then right click it and select “trash data and remove torrent” and then try to access dashboard again

1 Like

This is what i have:

I create some folders in Download so to save torrent in another folder, so iam doing this (just add name of folder to the location path “/Inne”:

But as you see destination folder is root. I removed all torrents from list but i still have the same result with access to web:

Did you also remove the data while removing it from the list? If you accidentally downloaded into the rootfs, then you will not see them in the shares /Public/Transmission/Downloads/.

Try some of these:

1. Add another new large torrent the same way you did into the same “./Inne”. See if the download complete. If you got error then most probably the rootfs is already filled.

2. In case you didn’t also remove the data, add back the same torrent you downloaded to the same location, then remove it from the list together with its data. This is hoping that if the data was downloaded to rootfs, the same data could be removed to clear some space.

3. Can you telnet to 192.168.0.11 22? In putty instead of ssh choose telnet and port 22. You should see openssh that’s it. This is to confirm your port 22 is open or not. Else I think the sshd got turned off when you did the button reset.

HI,

1. I can try, but in the window “upload torrent file” it is information that 1.9Tb is free in destination folder. Does it mean that my rootfs isnt full? What will be estimated size of torrents to fill up the rootfs?

2. Yes i removed data and torrent. This data were at public/transmission/downloads/inne. I remove them form torrent panel by commend “trash data and remove torrent”.

3. Ok i will check it. But as i remember i couldn’t connect by putty to drive and after this i restart drive.
    I tried with telnet as below:

but

I can take out hard drive from WD Cloud Box and conncet it by USB to computer maybe this way i can do something with its configuration? i have seen some posts with rescue CD, what do you think?