[APP] SickRage various versions for firmware V4+ (02/2016)

Hi @nnnn_mm Thanks very much for the reply. Please note that I tried each possible way you described, but I still get the negative message.

Please note that I have upgraded the Firmware of my wdmycloud to v04.05.00-315. I followed the above steps (before/after) but I’m stuck.

Any hints?

The prompt

<[N]o/[Y]es>

Means type Y to accept, N to decline

Don’t type the words Yes or No. Just type Y.

Hi @cpt_paranoia Thanks a lot for the reply, but it also happens when I write all these: “y”; “yes”; “Y”; “Yes”; and “YES”.

I won’t work in any case.

screenshot:

Did you respond within 10 seconds? You don’t get much time to respond.

Otherwise, it’s a question for @Nazar78

hi @cpt_paranoia Yes!, all my attempts are done within the 10 seconds. Every time.

Btw, I’m starting to suspect that this problem is related to the new firmware update: v04.05.00-315
This “Negative!, Have a nice day!” response that I got every time is also happening when I try to reinstall Transmission as well.

Any hints? @Nazar78 ???

Hello everyone, is there any update on this?, has anyone any idea why is the installer failing for me?

Your help will be appreciated.

Regards,

try using a different SSH client, maybe WinSCP. I still haven’t upgraded to latest WD firmware as I have been lazy :stuck_out_tongue: I will try to give it a go this weekend if i have some time and then do the install of sickrage and transmission. However, I’m still waiting for Nazar to release a newer version of sickrage as this one has an annoying issue with RARGB.mp4 sample vids being scraped by the post processor. (other than that this version seems to be working perfect).

I just noticed that in the note it says for proxy users to try an alternate port 8245. Maybe give that a go as well?

I hope Nazar will find some time to check one these issues. You may want to reach out to him on his personal website: WDMyCloud | TeaNazaR.com

best of luck! and dont give up

hi @Daryl_Pancer, thanks a lot for the reply.

I’ve already tried with Kitty, and the issue still persists. Regarding the port alternative, I’m not a proxy user. S
I wait for @Nazar78 to see whether he finds out what could be the issue.

Regards,

Mauro

Sorry was quite bz. I’ll put in sometime for this. Actually I had some progress recently but somehow the memory usage got too high that I had stop working on it temporarily.

I thought I’ve replied you at my site?

In putty from the SSH session to your MyCloud, copy&paste this below in a single line. Do this twice, first enter “foo” no quotes then copy&paste again this time enter “bar” no quotes. Show me the two results.

read foo</dev/tty;[ ! -z $foo ]&&echo ">>$foo<<"&&[[ $foo =~ ^[fF] ]]&&echo "now try bar"

Hi @Nazar78, thanks a lot for the reply.

Unfortunately, either nothing happens or I’m doing something wrong. First I pasted:

read foo</dev/tty;[ ! -z $foo ]&&echo “>>$foo<<”&&[[ $foo =~ [1] ]]&&echo

and then

read bar</dev/tty;[ ! -z $bar ]&&echo “>>$bar<<”&&[[ $bar =~ [2] ]]&&echo

None give me any result.

Regards,

Mauro

1. fF ↩︎

2. fF ↩︎

The code you copy&paste is not complete.

1. Copy&paste the code then enter.

2. Type foo then enter.

3. Copy&paste the code again then enter.

4. Type bar then enter.

See screenshot attached. I don’t think it’s an issue with the MyCloud but something got to do with your PC’s keyboard/language settings. The previous guy who had this issue I remembered asking him to just restart his PC and it’s fixed.

hi @Nazar78 you were right, it is a problem with the keyboard settings, since I tried a SSH client from my Ipad and it works. I wonder which language setting should I have in my keyboard in order to avoid this issue.
I have an english keyboard in my laptop with German settings.

Regards,

Mauro

What were the results?

hi @Nazar78,

I also tried what you asked me to do, but nothing happened. I did exactly as you asked.

This is strange and I can’t even replicate your issue. The moment you paste the codes then press enter like I asked you too, you should be able to type in something then enter again and what you type will be displayed twice second time with the “>>???<<”. Additionally your screenshot has a part missing as there should be a “>>” in front.

This is a standard shell read input method used by many scripts and seems your PC keyboard/language settings are not able to read the input. You also said you have the same issue using KiTTY on the same PC but it worked when using SSH client on an iPad.

You could probably try different keyboard/language settings (both in Windows and PuTTY) see if anything changes. Have you tried restarting your PC? Also try several other SSH clients. You can try using the Cygwin port. Now with Windows 10 you can also run Ubuntu. Or if you don’t have the time to mess around just stick with the Ipad if you need to install something from these installers.

1 Like

hi @Nazar78

Now I did as you asked, adding the “>>??<<”, and I got the following error.

I’ve tried changing the language setting in windows, but, it didn’t work. I got the same issue. I ended up installing everything from my IPAD with a SSH client. I also restarted my pc, but that didn’t solve the issue.

I think I’ll stick with the IPAD SSH client in case I have to install anything in the future. Thanks a lot for your support.

Best regards,

Mauro

at your command line on your IPAD , type

set | grep -E 'LANG|LC'

Compare that to the output from your PC session

If they are different, you can reset the environment variable on your PC with

export LC_ALL='C'
...etc...

or what ever you found on your IPAD.

To make the change permanent, you’ll have to find which of /etc/profile , ~/.profile , ~/.bash_rc or others are setting that value and change it there.

1 Like

Hello again! looks like sickrage is not working anymore. I read some and apparently, some devs are moving forward to medusa rather than Sickrage. I’m not sure if they are the same group. Will you be creating for Medusa for WD My CLoud? your fork of sickrage has been absolutely helpful!