[APP] SickRage various versions for firmware V4+ (02/2016)

I don’t think the port changed without you telling it to. Have you tried using IP? Clear your browser cache just in case.

Check if the port is listening:
netstat -natp|grep 8081;

Okay, it says:

WDMyCloud:~# service sickrage status
[ ok ] SickRage is running.
WDMyCloud:~# netstat -natp|grep 8081;
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:8081 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 7052/python
tcp6 0 0 :::8081 :::* LISTEN 7052/python

so is this means the port is listening?
what do you think is the cause i cannot access the interface?
did i lose my web interface file, if there’s any? where is it located by default?
Thanks a lot! your Sickrage for WD helps me a lot and it still working even if i cannot see it. Lol :slight_smile:

Yes from your reply, it seems to be listening. I not sure though why you can’t reach the web interface. Need to do quite few debugging onsite to find the root cause which I can’t do it from here most probably a bug in the app itself. Also I’m not using this app, just building it for the community.

Think the best you could do is try to reinstall, which won’t affect your current settings.

@WILSONMAANO

I have been running this version since the day Nazar built it, and have used the previous versions as well. I have never had any problems accessing the web interface. Are you sure you dont have any other software/interface which is using the same port (example: sickbeard)?

1 Like

as far as i know i don’t have other. i do have kodi sickrage addon and the showrage android app that watches 8081 but it suppose to be doing that. i deleted showrage just in case, Yeah, i don’t have any problems before, do you thinkl the number of tv shows could be a factor? i currently have at most 35 on queue and about half of it are currently in their season. i just like to find out what’s wrong so that i won’t do the same the next time. thanks a lot for the reply.

yes, im thinking of that too. so it would restore up your settings? cool, that’s a relief! i’m just hoping i could find the problem so that i won’t mess around the next time. i’m ging it another shot before reinstalling it. thanks a lot for the reply man!

Yes the settings should be intact. You could also perform the backup procedures stated in the top post.

Will this work on an WD EX2 Ultra?

Sorry no I don’t have EX2 Ultra device to support.

Hi,

I tried to uninstall it but couldn’t remove it all. Am I missing something? Is there any problem if I delete those directories manually?

WDMyCloud:~# dpkg -P sickrage; (Reading database ... 31381 files and directories currently installed.) Removing sickrage (2016.02.16-1) ... dpkg: warning: while removing sickrage, directory '/opt/sickrage/sickbeard/clien ts' not empty so not removed dpkg: warning: while removing sickrage, directory '/opt/sickrage/lib/requests/pa ckages/chardet' not empty so not removed dpkg: warning: while removing sickrage, directory '/opt/sickrage/lib/imdb/parser /http/bsouplxml' not empty so not removed dpkg: warning: while removing sickrage, directory '/opt/sickrage/lib/babelfish/c onverters' not empty so not removed

Just ignore the warnings it’s normal because there’s newer files created since you last ran. Yes you can remove the directories manually but please be careful when doing so.

Hi Nazar,

its has been a while. You think you can compile the latest version of sickrage from the reposoitory? Its probably time for an update.

Many thanks…and happy new year!

I’ll work on this soon, just got back on track with synthing :tired_face:

@Nazar78 i am having the same issue as @fadetonoir in that running both a torrent client (transmission or qbittorrent) and SickRage together causes a dramatic decrease in speed and usability of the my cloud drive. Running SickRage or a torrent client not at the same is fine, the drive is responsive and the apps themselves are working as expected.

Any ideas what could cause such a problem running both types of app together? At the moment i just have to stop SickRage service to regain drive normality.

I have also tried the changes you suggested to @fadetonoir, but the issue still persists. I only have 30 shows being managed by SickRage.

Thanks for all the work!

It should be the issue with SickRage. It runs on Python and as I’m aware Python is quite a demanding interpreter. I used to have Python based SMTP server running on the MyCloud and it’s using lots of resources.

You could probably set a cronjob and schedule SickRage to run within a specific period maybe like 1-2hrs or so during off peak hours then terminate. Examples below…

crontab -e;

# Stop SickRage at reboot without messing with the init.d
@reboot /usr/sbin/service sickrage stop>/dev/null 2>&1

# Runs SickRage every midnight Mon-Fri
0 0 * * 1-5 /usr/sbin/service sickrage start>/dev/null 2>&1

# Ends SickRage every 2am Mon-Fri
0 2 * * 1-5 /usr/sbin/service sickrage stop>/dev/null 2>&1

Hey Nazar,

dont mean to bug you, but any chance we can get an updated version of sickrage in the near future?

thanks in advance man!

I’m getting constantly the message “Negative! Have a nice day!” when agreeing for downloading. It happens when you select “Y”, when agreeing.

Could someone give me a hand here?

Thanks

I think the response is case sensitive.

Ok. Cool, so can you help me?

@maurodamiano : I haven’t used the installer, but I’m pretty sure “case sensitive” means if the app prompts with something like

Install [y/n]?

That you need to type y and not Y

If it prompts

install [Yes/No]?

you need to type Yes and not yes or YES

etc, etc.

It this doesn’t answer your question, please update your original question with exact transcript (copy/paste) of the install session that is failing. Once you paste in the text, highlight with your mouse, and then use the </> tool on the menu at the top left of the edit box so your text retains proper formatting.