[APP] SickRage various versions for firmware V4+ (02/2016)

Haha no worries I’m still thinking straight.

I’m not quite sure about the memory though. The newer repo pumps page memory allocation to quickly over 500MB. Though the resident memory is still around 20ish similar to v7. Yes you can use top to view, the app also prints out some details on its footer.

Edited: I’ve posted the newer version, please backup your db just incase. You should be able to get it with your donation credentials :slight_smile: I’m off to bed for now.

For those who’s following this post, a new version has been added to the first post.

Note this build is from the new repository GitHub - SiCKRAGE/SiCKRAGE: Mirror of OFFICIAL SiCKRAGE. You’ll not see the version/branch due to lack of GIT on MyCloud.

As promised to my donors, they will be the first to receive newer builds. I’ll make it public soon so stay tuned (-:

[20160221] Added SickRage v2016.02.16-1 - From new repository GitHub - SiCKRAGE/SiCKRAGE: Mirror of OFFICIAL SiCKRAGE.

Once again thanks!

so far only error from the log:

2016-02-20 19:01:57 WARNING Thread-33 :: No git specified, can’t use git commands

Its still not scanning my existing subtitles, but thats an issue for the developers. I think they still have much improvement to make with that function.
EDIT: subs are working just fine. It was just a dam check box that had to be selected per show, every time you add a new show.

This version is yet again quicker than the version 7, and a more visually appealing. Awesome.

No problem.

The warning about git is normal because MyCloud doesn’t have git.

UPDATES: SickRage v7.0.23 for firmware V4 now released to public! More info from the top post. Enjoy (-:

Thanks Nazar, I seem to be getting something wrong though as after I put in the keys and I say Y to the first disclaimer I get "Negative! Have a nice day (-: " as a reply and that’s it. Any suggestions?

Still running strong! I only have a few shows loaded up now for testing but still no problems/freezing once so ever

@MARK_GRIFFIN try again. That happened to me a few times. just be quick with pressing Y and then enter fast.

1 Like

Strange, so far I got only 3 reports about the "Negative! Have a nice day (-: " thingy ever since I had this script back in late 2014. But I’ve never encountered them before with putty (default settings) or any other ssh client. I had to include those for disclaimer purposes :frowning: ( some actually read it thoroughly :stuck_out_tongue: )

It’s awaiting for STDIN from the prompt, just press y then press enter to continue. Maybe try restarting your ssh client.

Worked fine for me before so not sure what’s up now. I’ve tried a few times and still getting the same. I’ve also tried restarting PuTTY but no good. Might try restarting the drive next unless anybody can shed some light

I’m curious because I can’t replicate it, let me help you check…

read LINE</dev/tty;
echo $LINE;

@MARK_GRIFFIN I’m waiting for your reply :slight_smile:

Sorry. was waiting for the drive to reboot. Do I past that in Putty?
I did and there was no response

No problem, check your PM.

@MARK_GRIFFIN

As per the conference, I’m still not sure what happened. At first I’m not able to type or click anything on the remote session. Asked you to switch off your AV then it works, even the putty prompt now works, strange because nothing was done in putty itself. Another thing I did was to toggle our remote screen session from yours to mine then back to you again. I think that somehow reset the input or something I’m not sure either. Well it works now, enjoy (-:

seems very odd to me too. Thanks again for taking the time to help out. I’ll try the 2016.02.16-1 update once this installs as 6.0.34-1 didn’t work out so well the last time I installed it :smiley:

Update: I tried the 2016.02.16-1 (thought you had released it to public but not yet, sorry) and was getting the same response as before. then noticed an extra space on the end of
curl teanazar.com/installer.fcgi?sickrage_2016.02.16-1|sh; that was being introduced by my treble click to select it for copying. I then just copied and pasted only the text without the extra space and had no issue with the negative response.

2nd update : I have been able to repeat that as the error. Not sure why it would be the case though.

UPDATES: SickRage v2016.02.16 for firmware V4 now released to public! More info from the top post. Enjoy (-:

1 Like

Yes the new Repo is definitely working way better than the old one. And includes some cool new features.
I had a weird spike in memory also, but seems that was because i restored the old backup. Decided to start fresh without restoring and all was solved/fine. So it seems the old repo messed up my files somehow…
Only negative is that i needed to re-scan my video folders, that took some time. But found out hat when you create meta data files for those shows, Sickrage will auto detect them and the process will go faster.

Was already using the new Repo on my Synology, and the difference is incredible.
Running rock solid, quicker and more features. :heart_eyes:

@Nazar78 Thanks for building this package. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Nazar78 First of all, thank you very much for putting this together and keeping it updated. I’ve just updated from a MyBook Live (having owned two MyBook Worlds before that) so I’m used to installing apps on there and it’s a bit different on the MyCloud so thanks for making it easy!

However, secondly, is there anything I can do to improve performance? All I’ve added to the MyCloud, after initial setup, is Transmission and SickRage. When I first started SickRage it ran fine, but after adding a bunch of TV shows (about 50) it is now incredibly slow and keeps crashing - sometimes it’s just SickRage that crashes, sometimes the entire MyCloud, leaving me unable to access the drive for a while. And using Twonky to watch videos on my TV while SickRage is running is hit and miss. I wasn’t expecting it to run as well as on my PC but it’s so slow on my MyCloud that it’s almost unusable.

I don’t really use SickRage, just helping to build them so I haven’t experienced the crashing. But I got the same issue messing around with apache/php and the culprit is high IOWait from swap trashing. I also hope you didn’t change the IO scheduler manually to noop from default cfq.

This also could happen in other torrent clients such as Transmission and qBittorrent. To prevent the NAS from hanging, I use lower torrent connections value and download them one at the time while queueing the rest.

You could probably get help from nice/renice and/or ionice? Try add the following to the default SSD_OPTS switch, save then restart the service:

nano /etc/default/sickrage;

SR_HOME=/opt/sickrage
SR_USER=root
SR_GROUP=share
SR_DATA=/$SR_USER/.config/sickrage
SR_OPTS=
SSD_OPTS="--nicelevel 19 --iosched idle:7"

service sickrage restart;

Hi, i found out that my wd crashed when i left it and when i restart it, everythings fine except Sickrage. i can’t access the web interface at 8081. I tried to restart it through ssh and said its ok. tried checking status and said it was running. definitely its running as i can see it still downloads tv shows. does the port changed or something else messed up? crashing started maybe after i added anime shows for the first time.