[APP] GoodSync for WD My Cloud. Backup and file synchronization

Did You make ClearDebian installation?
On ClearDebian HDD is /data/.
/DataVolumes/ is not on HDD.
But I have got problem to install GoodSync :frowning:
- Checking log directory

- Writing GoodSync Connect credentials
./install-script.sh: 1: ./install-script.sh: /data/shares/Files/GS/gs-server: not found
ERROR: failed to configure server:
I have no idea what to do .
The file is in directory , but installer cant see it. dir show the file in the directory.

Does anyone know how to deal with the issue of power failures of the MyCloudEx2? It seems that every time the unit either shuts down and reboots, or there is a power bump, the GoodSync server needs to be reinstalled and restarted to function properly. Is there a particular way to have the server restart without having to reinstall and restart the server?

I should probably rephrase my question a bit. What would be the bootable folder where the server could be installed? For instance, to be able to install this package, I had to install to /mnt/HD/HD_a2/ to be able to have sufficient space. Is there another folder that the goodsync-server should be placed, so that it won’t disappear every time the unit reboots itself?

Thanks in advance

You can install without the .run binaries

follow these instructions and you should be good

-On the WD, use Putty to access the drive, login as “root” with standard “Password” by default:

run this command :

uname -a

This will tell us what architecture the WD has so we can download the appropriate tar from GoodSync Server for Linux from the bottom of the page.

The WD PR2100 we setup was intel 64 bit, so we downloaded from https://www.goodsync.com/download/goodsync-release-x86_64.tar.gz

We then extract this somewhere ie"/home/root/goodsync/" on the WD, or copy to that folder using WinSCP. Then need to give the gsync and gs-server binaries execution rights with the following:
navigate to /home/root/goodsync/, if you placed the binaries there :

run these commands.

chmod +x gsync

chmod +x gs-server

Now run :

./gs-server /set-admin=“goodsyncuser:password:root”

Where the first two fields are your GoodSync Connect credentials, and the third field is root.

Now we run the ./gs-server command to have an idea of where the logs are being written to. The displayed directory is where we need to navigate to in order to set permissions and edit the users.tix and settings.tix.

Navigate into that directory (it will be in a folder called .goodsync) and give both settings.tix and users.tix execution rights with chmod +x. Now edit the settings.tix file with the following:

vi settings.tix

And make sure the Global Discovery field is set to “Yes”.

Remember to use the Insert key to begin editing, then press Esc, shift+: and type “wq!” enter key to save and exit.

Now navigate back to the folder containing the gs-server binary and run

./gs-server &

This should allow you to connect to the WD now from any other device with those GoodSync credentials.

2 Likes

try using " ./goodsync " as install folder
and it will install to /home/root/goodsync
 best

1 Like

install to mnt/HD/HD_a2/goodsync

I have old file of GS , it was free before
GS files

its working with wd my cloudn gen 2 ?

Is it possible to upload files to OneDrive for business? I have gsync for NAS 10.7.2.3 version number. I configure on windows client jobs.tix, and copy to WD Mycloud. Then I run gsync and my job stopped with this line “210208 R: No file system for msgraph://graph.microsoft.com/”.

Tyrone, thank you so much for this tutorial! :smile:

I’ve got GoodSync Linux installed on my PR2100 and working!

I had trouble installing from the *.run file, and William at GoodSync told me I needed to learn Linux. I know enough Linux to do pretty well. Their instructions are woefully lacking.

What an attitude! I’m glad there are helpful folks like you around.

Thanks again! :smile:

If you need this much instruction for installing an app, then we must be living in 19th century.[quote=“AleBel, post:1, topic:173984, full:true”]
GoodSync is a backup and file synchronization program. It is used for synchronizing files between two directories, either on one computer, or between a computer and another storage device (e.g. another computer, a removable disc, a flash drive or a smartphone) or between a computer and a remote computer or server.
WebSite GoodSync for Western Digital MyCloud NAS

The GoodSync Client ( gsync ) can run on WD My Could, Siber Systems© doesn`t say this in overview. (firmware v04.04.03-113)

GoodSync Client supports Apple Filing Protocol (AFP), Windows Local, Windows Net Share, FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, Amazon S3, Windows Mobile devices, Windows Azure, Dropbox, OneDrive, Office365, SkyDrive, OneFile, OneDrive Pro (Sharepoint) and Google Docs.
before the installation you need to create an account on GS connect (free)

Installation
Installation manual GS RFM!!!

Jobs.tix default folder /root/.goodsync
The Job list can be exported from a Windows or Mac Client . I setup all syncs by GSTP File Servers (gstp:// IP:33333 ) within my LAN.

To run synchronization on schedule use crontab .
crontab -e
Example from my crontab flie
0 */5 * * * /DataVolume/shares/GoodSync/gsync sync /all

From PuTTY full path /DataVolume/shares/GoodSync/gsync --help

GoodSync Server installation
If You dont want to join GS Global Server , tick the box when setup your GSTP server
http://localhost:11000/settings

GoodSync Server settings on WD MyCloud
port 11000 from Web Browser

I could not download/upload from OneDrive , because it asks for additional authentication.

You cat download files from GDrive GS files (Old and Free)
[/quote]

FYI: