App for Apple iPad Pro

Hey,

How about an iPad Pro App?
The recent app is only optimized for iPhone.
If I install the app on my iPad Pro 9,7", I get only a iPhone zoomed app.

Regards
Colorpixel

2 Likes

The My Cloud app for iPad is all you need, Be sure that is what is installed, so first uninstall MC app from iPad. Now, reinstall from App Store and make certain you are installing the version from “iPad Only” section of app store. This ought to fix the issue.

But this is the wrong app!
The WD My Cloud App (for the old MyCloud system) is available for iPhone and iPad.

The new My Cloud Home App is only available for iPhone. In the iPad section they doesn’t exist.
If I install the only existing My Cloud Home App, I get a zoomed iPhone App on my iPad Pro.
The iPad app doesn’t exists at the moment in the Apple App Store :confused:

1 Like

Well, this is a different situation, you don’t need an iPad “PRO” app, what you need is a My Cloud HOME app for iPad. Well, the HOME is a brand new product and the iPhone app was just release Aug 30; obviously the iPad version of app is not ready for release, but it should be coming soon. Meanwhile, make do with the iPhone version of app. Contact WD support for more info. This is a user to user forum. (Wonder why WD felt it necessary to create a different Home version of app. Who needs two versions of app on their devices if they need old and new ones! Seems like a good reason to pass on the new Home and just get a WD NAS that does not require having second version of app.

Also check the posts in this new forum for clues.

Hello,

The My Cloud Home Mobile App is not available for the iPad.
A mobile browser such as Safari, Chrome or Firefox can be used instead.

Hello SBrown,

exist a plan to publish an iPad App?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Is this info mentioned in the MC Home user manual or anywhere? If so, perhaps new owners of this device ought to RTM before posting.

Hi SBrown. Having recently purchased a My Cloud Home unit as a second unit to my original My Cloud NAS ( which is great for user setups and navigation etc) I am bewildered as to why the original My Cloud app on my iPads doesn’t detect the new Home unit.

As mentioned in these posts, the My Cloud Home app has clearly only been designed for use on a mobile phone rather than a tablet and compared to the original My Cloud app does not provide smooth professional graphics, comprehensive flexible navigation nor PDF previewing.

You make mention of using web browsers to fulfill access and navigation if using a tablet, which unfortunately sounds like a “shut up and make do” kind of remark.

Being impressed by my original My Cloud NAS I expected this new Home NAS to be the next step up. When using a browser to access it on my iPad Pro I am repeatedly informed that it won’t accommodate landscape mode and have to make do with the mobile app in portrait mode! And for a £900 iPad Pro I would expect WD to step up to the mark.

Respectfully can you please give us an indication of whether there are plans to launch apps for the iPad, or whether the original My Cloud app will be updated to recognise the Home unit. Or of course if there will be no such app.

I might add that had I been aware of this flaw I would not have spent £160.00 on the Home unit and would have opted for another My Cloud original unit. After all you wouldn’t buy a new car only to find out on delivery it’s got wooden bench seats ( Yes. But you can sit on them!)

For me, this step backward by not professionally supporting iPads/ tablets, renders the unit unusable.

Dear WD Community,

Thank you for the iPad app feedback.
While I cannot provide future product features and plans, I can state that WD Product Marketing teams are digesting every bit of feedback. Keep the suggestions coming and stay tuned for more updates and features in the near future.

2 Likes

I hope that the iPad app is released soon since the My Cloud Home does not have the same features in compare to the previous generation (My Cloud). I was expecting more in this generation.

If you have read many of the posts in these forums regarding the My Cloud HOME tou will discover it is not an upgrade of the MY Cloud; rather it is completely different product that in many ways is a downgrade of the MC.

I was about to buy a wd cloud home but see from the comments it doesn’t support iPad. The last comment here was back in September. Has there been any progress on iPad support or should I look for a cloud drive elsewhere?

The My Cloud Home mobile app for iOS is indeed supported on iPAD.