[APP] CloudDAVMod various versions for firmware V4+ (01/2022)

Looks like I need a little bit more time :stuck_out_tongue: Left with the help section, I hate doing documentations :smile:

Another new feature in the next release:

► MyCloud file/folder auto expiring links sharing with password protected zip. Safely share your selected files and/or folders with anyone!

Each shared links will expire after 3days created. Or when the server or MyCloud restarts. Decided to make it sticky even after reboot.

Hey Nazar,

Been a while, been busy :). Good to see progress
With this mod. And looks like an interesting feature!

I’m surprised to see reboot :+1:t2: That’s good!
And the share links is a nice touch.

Keep up the good work!

Hey bro, thanks, it’s been awhile since we chat :slight_smile: hope you’re doing good!

Back to topic… Updates to the sharing functions, improvised over the ones provided by the MyCloud portal :stuck_out_tongue:. I find it a little faster downloading the zips with added captcha/password security:

► MyCloud file/folder auto expiring links sharing with captcha and password protected zip. Safely share your selected files and/or folders with anyone!

Create share:

Manage from the admin system panel:

Captcha-protected shared link:

Password-protected shared content:

I’m still finalizing the admin security part. Any suggestions please shoot`em!

After install CloudDAVMod, can I use MultCloud (https://www.multcloud.com) with WD My Cloud?
Thank you!

Yes of course you can :slight_smile: But be extra careful when using external services because all your data will be routed through them. CloudDAVMod strictly does not engage any external connections except only secure HTTPS/TLS between you and your MyCloud.

1 Like

New in v1.1, stats for nerds :stuck_out_tongue: and enhanced WWW-SSH.

If there’s no more suggestions, I’m hoping to release the v1.1 early next month…stay tuned.

History:

WWW-SSH:

Final changes:

New: System panel for MyCloud Dashboard admin. MyCloud file/folder auto expiring links sharing with captcha and password protected zip. Search recursively by any type/size/modified deep into paths via Unix find. Detailed properties and folder usage via Unix stat/du in Content-Menu. Image previewer with navigation/zoom/pan/rotate support. M3U playlist track order and track title support. Used and total share sizes in stats panel. Root shares sizes on home page size column. Range selections to expand or reverse with [SHIFT] or Content-Menu. Export selections to CSV formatted file.

Updated: JQuery v3.1.0. Improved help sections, subtitle error detection and page loadings. Changed to client side column sortings to adapt the new search and range select functions, hence toggling selections are now affected only on visible parts/filtered items and all selections will now reset during filtering. Allow browser’s autocomplete in inputs. Allow text selections in help dialog. Visual alerts when certain functions are restricted. Filesize in media streamer status. To allow play next events, clicking on any stream media during a non-stop loop play mode will now continue the playback from there instead of previously ending the loop mode. Tooltips will many infos will now stay visible unless page scrolled or cursor moved. List tooltips will now show root share sizes in home page or show track order and track title when the new available M3U playlist support loads. Retain copied item selections when navigating back to its originating path. The top selected/copied cursor hovered list indicator will now reveal which are the copied items among selected ones. Folder size column are now displayed as 4K block size unless populated from shares in the home page. WebDAV caches are now automatically updated if required by just opening the help section.

Fixed: Minor installer bug, codes cleanup and UI performance. Parts display exceeding item list. Keyboard sort tooltips. Stats size not including less than 1Kbytes items. [CTRL]+A, [CTRL]+C and [CTRL]+V shortcuts behavior when there’s text input. Vary header Chrome caching issues. Case-sensitive and folder rename. Further sanitization of URIs with non-standard or controlled characters that caused file/media operation failures. RegExp filter results count should reflect as per-row. AJAX array issues, changed to hash object. Scroll and click events triggered more than once. Context-Menu hidden on fullscreen video stream, hence missing out the ‘Lock screen’ feature. Media streamer doesn’t stop loading current data on next or close events, had to unload by force on buggy browsers. Forced logout for browsers caching the credentials.

1 Like

Stats for nerds indeed. :smiley:

Looking good. Some interesting features have been added that hopefully others will find useful.

The ability to make coffee would be nice :smiley: he he…great if you need additional testing give me a shout.

Hi Nazar,

I have a problem:

I read all the topic but i cant found the solution :frowning:

What firmware version is your My Cloud using? The CloudDAVMod only works for the older v4.x firmware version My Cloud units.

Further one has to ensure that Remote Access/Cloud Access is working properly (i.e., it’s status indicated Connected) within the My Cloud Dashboard. This may involve configuring Cloud Access with static ports rather than Auto and configuring your local network router/gateway to port forward the two ports that were assigned when manually configuring Cloud Access.

Generally when attempting to remote access the CloudDAVMod portal one the My Cloud one uses the URL that is listed in the CloudDAVMod help file.

Also try using an alternate web browser than Edge on Windows 10 if that is what one is attempting to use. The Edge web browser is well known to have numerous problems.

Hello Gilberth,

Ensure MyCloud is not on relay mode, check from the Dashboard network settings. Try toggling the cloud access off then on. Else you’ll need to set the ports 80/443 manually also your router’s port forwarding.

Hi Nazar,

Now i get this:

You’re getting this error because your MyCloud is on relay mode, check from the Dashboard. Usually you’ll go into relay mode when your router has no UPnP support or has issues. CloudDAVMod does not work in relay mode as we can’t set anything on WD’s side. That’s not your MyCloud the error you’re seeing but the WD’s relay server.

As suggested earlier, set the port 80/443 manually on the Dashboard then manually port forward these two ports from your router to the MyCloud. This will fix the issue permanently. You could also try restarting the service see if it solves your issue, service apache2 restart .

Also confirm your ports 80/443 are open using http://canyouseeme.org/. If you have further issues, contact me directly via the feedback form on my site as I need more details such as IP/DeviceID.

For those who’s following this post, a new version has been added to the first post. If you’re using the WebGUI, clear your browser’s cache i.e. CTRL+SHIFT+F5. As promised to my donors, they will be the first to receive newer builds. I’ll make it public soon so stay tuned (-:

[20160923] Added CloudDAVMod v1.1-04.04.04-101.

Hello, thanks for your good job.
Unfortunally I tried to install many times but without success.
This the error message I see

Checking your internet response…
PING:77.57.73.115 → teanazar.com = 1.271 secs

Checking resources…
Error-10: Unable to retrieve required files! As promised to my donors, they will be the first to receive newer builds. Retry using the permanent donation credentials from your DonationID if you have or wait till it’s released to the public in next few days.

Same with use of alternative link for proxy.
I installed succesfully Minidlna and other thinks but this wont work.
Thanks for the help.

I updated My WD Cloud firmware today. Now I couldn’t install the CloudDAVMod v1.1 on my firmware 04.04.04-101 because of “Error-10: Unable to retrieve required files!” and I couldn’t install CloudDAVMod v1.0 because of “Error-1: This CloudDAVMod version is not compatible with your MyCloud firmware 04.04.04-101!”. It is a dead end. Dear Nazar78, please leave us any possibility to use the CloudDAVMod on firmware 04.04.04-101. Thank you for your work.

For those who’s following this post, a new version has been added to the first post. If you’re using the WebGUI, clear your browser’s cache i.e. CTRL+SHIFT+F5.

Note that versions v1.1 are currently reserved for donors at the moment, please use the credentials sent to your PayPal email.

[20161221] Added CloudDAVMod v1.1-04.04.05-101.

I’m running FW 04.04.05-101 into my MC 2TB plus I’m not a donor.
Which CloudDavMod version fit for me?

Tnx in advance for your help.

mau----

The version 1.0 was released to public but it’s for the previous firmware. If you like to test, just downgrade to the appropriate firmware version.

Hi Nazar78,
Can you please release to public also the version 1.1 of this mod?
I want to install it on my FW 04.04.05-101 and it doesnt accept v. 1.0
Thanks