(My Passport 2tb) in Windows 10
Here’s how you work around the issue of WD trying to have you share your info in “app share” when installing.
- Do a quick format in NFTS (default)
- Download the " Install WD Discovery for Windows " and move it to your new drive
copy this LINK below
Software and Firmware Downloads | WD Support
- Run the exe.
- Choose “Do Not Share” option
- Choose “I’m sure, do not share”
- Should start installing now.
WD Discovery is a new application from WD that enables you to:
- Manage your connected WD devices like My Passport, My Book, and My Cloud Home drives
- Make complex things easy, like securing a drive with a password or managing drive settings
- Download, install and stay up-to-date with software offered by WD and WD partners
- Register your devices and receive important software updates
- Manage your My Cloud Home device
- It allows connected WD devices like WD My Passport and other supported drives to be managed under one application
- It simplifies complex tasks like securing the drive with a password or managing drive settings
- It allows for device registration in order to receive important software updates and notifications
- It displays device status such as capacity, free space available, drive security and so on
- Notifications about devices not yet registered with a link to a registration form within WD Discovery itself
- Notifications about software updates