Anyone Using Two Devices?

I have one WD TV Live Streaming Media Player and am thinking about getting another one for a different room.  Does anyone know if there are any issues using two players sharing one set of data?

If the source drive is fastern enough should be a not a problem.

At pick 2x100Mbit  should read around 23-24MB/s from source drive,

which should be not a problem for modern HDDs

Been using two SMP’s accessing WINXPRO shares…no problems!!

1 Like

Same here, using two devices but only the main unit has an attached HDD.  However the second unit is able to access the HDD attached to the other main unit via Windows Shares.  Works fine.

1 Like

Both me and my cousin each have 2 units.  Both of us have 1 unit that has hard drives attached to it and the other streams off those hard drives attached to the 1st one.  He has his devices networked using MOCA adapters and mine are networked using regular 100Mbit LAN CAT5e cables.

No problems streaming from a USB hard drive attached to one to the other.  When I did my cousins setup though, I could not stream properly from the USB hard drive attached to the WDTV Live Streamer to an older WDTV Live.  Once I replaced the older TV Live with the Streamer version it worked fine though.

1 Like

Last I heard you couldn’t have Media Library turned on for both units if you had them both networked.

Not sure if that’s been fixed.

Steve W

Pecker wrote:

Last I heard you couldn’t have Media Library turned on for both units if you had them both networked.

Not sure if that’s been fixed.

Steve W

I read Tony’s post about this as well. Are you guys using the Media Library on both devices, with both Media Libraries accessing the same shares?

I have a Hub and SMP but the Media Libraries are using different shares. So I don’t have a problem. I also have an old WD TV Live, but I only use that for listening to Internet radio.

1 Like

Thanks everyone.  I guess I’m going out to by another one.  :smileyvery-happy:

I’m using two SMP’s pulling off a NAS(same share) and both have Media library enabled.  I too was hesitant at first but asked this question not too long ago and a person or two said they had no problems. I enabled Media player on both and have had no issues.