Anyone successfully use Cinema Now on WDTV Live Plus?

I upgraded to the latest firmware a few weeks ago, set up a Cinemanow account, and successfully activated the account on my WDTV Live Plus player.  I was excited by the fact that Cinemanow seems to have almost all of the same movies available as Comcast OnDemand pay per view, as I’ve been wanting to get rid of my Comcast subscription.

I selected a movie to rent, and Cinemanow successfully charged my credit card and then got stuck indefinitely at “Downloading 99% complete.”  When I called Cinemanow customer service, they basically said that the WD TV Live Plus is not yet supported…when I pointed out for the third time that they shouldn’t charge my credit card for something they can’t deliver, they eventually offered to credit back my rental fee.

Has anyone else successfully used Cinemanow on the WDTV Live plus?  Any pointers?

Sorry about the problem you had there.  I’ve sent you a private message as I wanted to look at this issue closer.

think I know remember the series of steps I took that resulted in this problem.  When I started the movie download, the download folder was a folder to which the WDTV had only read access.  It did not give any error message, it just stayed on 0% downloading.  I went to my computer and repermitted this folder so that the WDTV had read/write access.  The download immediately started but then did not ever complete - it got stuck at 99% and I never got the “ready to watch” indication in the UI. 

I changed the download folder to a new folder (to which I had RW access), and tried a new download, and it worked successfully.

kraigsf wrote:

think I know remember the series of steps I took that resulted in this problem.  When I started the movie download, the download folder was a folder to which the WDTV had only read access.  It did not give any error message, it just stayed on 0% downloading.  I went to my computer and repermitted this folder so that the WDTV had read/write access.  The download immediately started but then did not ever complete - it got stuck at 99% and I never got the “ready to watch” indication in the UI. 

I changed the download folder to a new folder (to which I had RW access), and tried a new download, and it worked successfully.

Thanks for the additional feedback here, this will allow us to pin-point your issue here more closely.

I have some additional follow up questions. 

Was this to a Read-only folder on a NAS?  If so, was the Share read-only OR a folder within the share?

Was the new folder created (that worked) created on the same NAS?  If not, did you use a USB drive?