Anyone still having OFFLINE issues with WD my cloud home?

Hi there
My cloud was offline yesterday morning, since 2pm yesterday its been fast flashing but still offline? I have heard there is an issue but would have thought it might be fixed by now? Can anyone help
Thanks from the UK

I have the same issues… All other users are abble to connect to there account, except me…

Mine has been offline since yesterday morning also. I’ve tried unplugging it several times and the light just stays blinking slowly. I contacted tech support through a chat yesterday and all they could advise me to do was to power it off and on and check the cords to the wifi. That didn’t work so he told me to wait for that light to go solid and contact them again if it doesn’t resolve itself. I’m in the U.S.

Hi Rochelle
Its so frustrating, I think most people are back to normal but there are still a few that like us arent working.
I have tried all the obvious but now just waiting to see if the light goes solid but very worried about my data. If not sorted by Monday will contact them although have opened up a support request so far.
Keep me posted how you get on
Emma

I think I have the same problem:
My device was shown to be offline, although the public folder was still accessible. I then disconnected from home.mycloud.com and wanted to reconnect it.
First it wasn’t found in the network. I then tried via the Device Code and the Device was found. But, I couldn’t connect to it. I would either need to hard-reset it and lose everything or it was said I should contact the Device Owner (which is me with the user I’m logged in).
Then I tried to reset the device (+30 seconds to remove the Device Owner). Since then the LED is blinking slowy (indicating booting or resetting). And this was going on since hours. The public space is however still accessible (so it’s kind of online). But I can still not login/access my private files.

Do you all have those problems? Funny that status.mycloud.com says everything is fine when it’s obviously not.

Can you pull the MCH debug logs from the devices IP address using the procedure included in this KBA, open a support case and attach the debug logs please? You’ll need to get the IP address from your router

http://YOUR_IP_ADDRESS:33284/cgi-bin/logs.sh

How to Collect My Cloud Home Device Debug Logs

Answer ID 6746

Tried everything, connect-reconnect-offline-turn off/on-restart 15-20sec-change router-restart router-change IP…
My cloud home is stil not updated, OFFLINE

I’ve forwarded my MCH debug logs to support. Thank you for the assistance. Fingers crossed I can get this resolved quickly. 3 days with no way to access my files is testing my patience. Can you please advise if there is any possible way I can get to my files with a wired connection until we find a fix?

Mine is still not up and I’m getting worried too because I need to work tomorrow and can’t get anything done without my files. I went ahead and opened a support case and sent the debug files that @SBrown instructed. I also asked if there’s any way I can hard wire to the My Cloud Home unit and get to my files in the meantime. Still waiting on a response on both. Has yours resolved on its own yet?

Hi Rochelle

On my support ticket I was told to unplug the unit from the power and wait one minute and turn back on, the unit did not powered off so I unplugged the Ethernet cable and also the usb which connects to my pc. I left it one minute and then plugged all cables back in. After booting back up (which took about 5 mins) the light stayed solid all back to normal and can access all files.
Try doing the same and please let me know if it works for you
Emma

Darn! I tried it and it didn’t work. I even tried it again, restarted my wifi router, and changed the LAN cord. Even though the cord was working fine prior to October 1 I thought I should give it a try anyways but it still ended up with that same slow blinking light. Hopefully support will get back to me tomorrow. Really happy to know yours got resolved though. That gives me hope! Maybe I’ll wake up tomorrow and it will be all back to normal?

Yes, I still have the same problem. No one can solve this problem? At least it shouldn’t be this quiet.

me too

I was able to solve the problem that I couldn’t find. Username of the account that is ADMIN, which when you enter, you can find a new device. Members may try to follow. How to do it, follow the manual in the section REMOVE a device Owner on page 31.
The removal of a Device Owner can only be done through the Reset Button on the
device – this cannot be done through software. This process does not delete data
and each user still has access to their content.

1. Press and hold the Reset button for a duration to 50 seconds.
    Warning! Holding the Reset button for 60 seconds or more will delete all data, all Device Users.
    and the Device Owner!
  2. This function will demote the Device Owner to a Device User.
  3. The next new user to go through the software setup process becomes the
    device owner.

Try to follow. I did it and I was able to solve the problem.

TRANSLATED FROM GOOGLE