Anyone interested in a few G-Rack units?

I have two G-Rack 12 head units and 4 G-Rack 12 expansion units WITHOUT hard drives that I am interested in selling. They’ve been in a temp controlled server room and look brand new. They still perform to the same specs as they did when delivered. If interested I can send more information. Thanks

I am interested. I run a small nonprofit that makes films and I have too many G Drives. Tell me more.

The G-Rack 12 head unit and expansion units are a complete Network Attached Storage (NAS) system. The product has been end of life for some time now, but there is still phone support if needed. It was quite a robust system for my purposes but was rarely used due to non-related corporate and IT issues.

HERE is the manual so you can review the specs further.

Again, I have to clearly state that the units that I am interested in selling do not have any hard drives. They would have to be provided by whomever purchases them.

Thanks for this info. Does it fit G-Drives that are 2.5" D x 9.5" L x 5" W?

Outlook-bet1wdv0.png

Outlook-o0dtnqdj.png

These units were designed to run 3.5" internal Hard Drives. I have not tried 2.5" drives so I do not know if they would work. More specific details might be found in the manual or by contacting Western Digital G-Technology G-Rack support directly.

Looks like from the manual this is for drives not in cases. I’m trying to organize the many g-drive arrays in cases, so this probably isn’t what I need. Thanks.

Outlook-bet1wdv0.png

Outlook-o0dtnqdj.png

Thanks. Best of luck.

Hi, how much are you asking and what city are you located?

The equipment is in Los Angeles, CA. As far as price, since these are End of Life and contain no hard drives, I am open to negotiation.

Hello, I am very interested could you let me know if you have any of these expansion units available. thxs dax@untitledcontent.com

Hello.

Yes these are still available.

The information contained in this email and any attachment may be confidential and/or legally privileged and has been sent for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not an intended recipient, you are not authorized to review, use, disclose or copy any of its contents. If you have received this email in error please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the message. Thank you. To the extent that the matters contained in this email relate to services being provided by Princess Cruises and/or Holland America Line (together “HA Group”) to Carnival Australia/P&O Cruises Australia, HA Group is providing these services under the terms of a Services Agreement between HA Group and Carnival Australia.

How much? Model numbers?

Great! Please let me know what you want for them.

Thank you
Dax

Hi Dax,

Glad to read you are interested in them. I will contact my IT person to see the status of the units ( data was being offloaded ) and talk to my lead to get the final price offer to you.

Just to be clear, the two G-Rack 12 head units and 4 G-Rack 12 expansion units will not have hard drives in them. They are also End Of Life products as you are probably aware and have little customer support available for them.

I should have an answer for you by Next Monday as a few people are out of the office and on productions right now.

Thanks.

Charles

Ideally I’m interested in the expansion untold not the head units. Please let me know if your willing to separate it.

But let’s see the total price also.

Thank you
Dax

Hello Dax,

Apologies for the delayed response. Post production life ��

Certainly, I am willing to sell just the expansion units by themselves. Two could be ready fairly soon, the other two would need a little time to pull data off of them.

My IT guy will be in Tuesday morning. I should have an answer to you by Wednesday morning at the latest if all goes well.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

Sounds good. I am not sure how many units can go to each unit but I would be interested in that also. We can use in our other office

Thanks and have a go great weekend

Dax

This is very annoying, but you still have to solve.