Anyone having issues with NAS to USB backups with My Book 8TB?

My NAS to USB backups were running perfectly with a My Book 3TB…which ran out of space. I bought a new My Book 8TB and aside from not being able to modify backup jobs (separate issue), I can’t get newly created backups to run. I keep getting back up failed messages in the dashboard for larger shares (600GB). 2 small shares did work.

Anyone reason the 8TB drive should be acting differently with regards to NAS to USB backups?

1 Like

Hello Stealth57 ,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

I did and no response for the last day and a half. Been waiting longer than that on a different issue regarding modifying backup jobs. That has been almost a week with no reply.

Hi Stealth57 ,

Someone will contact you shortly.

Thanks. Heard from 2 different techs with two different case numbers. Maybe that is due to two questions 1) why can’t I modify backup jobs and 2) why is my NAS to USB backup failing. Thanks again.

No response from either tech in 2 days. One tech said that to do NAS to USB backups, the drive had to be in NTSF format, but the My Book ships with exFAT formatting. Not sure if I should reformat. My old 3TB drive I was using was formatted as NTSF.

Just got an email claiming I never responded to the tech and they are going to close my case. I have now responded 3 times to that tech using the same email reply that has the case number in the subject line. I guess they don’t know how to check their spam filters or they have a firewall that doesn’t allow customers to reply back to their emails…

I had to call on an old contact at WD since I had his direct email. He suggested reformatting the My Book 8TB from the shipped exFAT format to NTSF. It took a full day to do that, but the backups are now working.