Anybody successully use Logitech Media Server as a Media Share?

Sometimes my WDTVlivestreamer sees the LMS and sometimes it doesn’t. When it does see it, it doesn’t see any files located on the server. (I see MUSIC, PHOTO, VIDEO - but nothing within the folders). If the LMS doesn’t work, what media servers for Windows does everyone recommend? I have all of my content on a HD connected to a Win Vista machine. I can access it fine with SMB, but I don’t get to use the nice Medlia Library features. Also hoping to see if MKV files will play any better.

You may try updating your SMP to its latest firmware, and also reset it.  If your LMS is DLNA compliant I see no reason why it would not work with the SMP .

Vadir wrote:

You may try updating your SMP to its latest firmware, and also reset it.  If your LMS is DLNA compliant I see no reason why it would not work with the SMP .

I am already on the newest firmware. I did a reset. Basically had the same results - the SMP saw the media server, I could see all of the server folders, I tried playing a movie but all it would play was the art in the same folder, then after a minute or so it gave me a message about “Source of Content has been lost”. And then the media server was no longer visible on the network.

I have no problem accessing the LMS with my recently purchased Apple TV (hacked). I’ve tried so hard to be supportive of WDTVlive players, but at this point I spend way too much time trying to get things to work, whereas the ATV2 is working smoothly and (after jailbreaking) has thousands more features, options, faster interface, and more. If the Apple TV could play all 1080p files without buffering, I’d sell my WDTV in a heartbeat.

Hi

Anybody solved this problem? I’m not sure, I’ve the same issue with my WDTV, as the original poster.

I’d like to use my SMP as DMR and Logitech Media Server as DMS, controlled by my Android phone as DMC. I have several other renderers running, but my WDTV just doesn’t show any video I’d like to stream to it.

I have to say, that my WDTV shows videos streamed from other DLNA servers, so WD and Logitech might blame each other (I placed a similar request in Logitechs forum).

Again, I’m sorry, if my problem does not match the original posters, it just looks very similar.

Thanks for any help / information,

andifor