Any updates on Firmware release dates for EX4100 or EX2100 units?

Hi WD Staff (@Bill_S ??),

Are there any updates you can provide on when the next release of firmware for these units may be available and what sort of fixes can be expected ?

Cheers,

JediNite

Hello JediNite,

We currently don’t have any update regarding next release of the firmware for the devices you have mentioned. I would request you to kindly wait to know about the fixes once the firmware update have been released.

@logan.h

Are WD taking any action to try and rectify the constant lockups being experienced by many users in this forum. I logged a support ticket and sent some logs but got a very unhelpful response. I am still getting lockups and now “live with it”, but pity anyone trying to run these and wanting a stable device.

The lockups I am getting only happened with the recent updates and did not happen with previous ones so wonder if there is something in the current kernel version used which is causing the issues.

JediNite

I got this rather unhelpful response from WD Support when I logged a ticket on this:

Thank you for contacting Western Digital Customer Service and Support.

I understand that you want to know the turn around time for the firmware update. As already said that the firmware need to be tested properly in order to test the security vulnerabilities for the device and other test to confirm that the firmware do not create problems in future.

Unfortunately there is no official announcement yet about the releasing of new firmware but or software engineering team is working on the firmware right now.

Your patience and understanding has been greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
XXXX
Western Digital Service and Support
http://support.wdc.com

Hi all,

Firmware out today, but no mention of any really useful fixes to address the constant kernel panics per the Release Notes.

Hopefully something has been snuck in regardless.

No GPL Source yet though:

Cheers,

JediNite

NAS still rebooted by itself 2 hours after the firmware update was applied :frowning: