Any trick for a film in 2 parts to still show moviesheet

Is there any trick that can be used to ensure the Moviesheet shows first as with single file films?

I tried renaming them to try get the other to show last but for some reasond any film with a CD2 wont currently show the moviesheet using the dummy file method.

What I do is create the dummyfile based on CD1 because I only need one movesheet, but I just cant get it to display. Anyone encountered this and know if there is a solution or workaround for it? Or is it simply not possible.

I dont have many 2 file films but I do have a few older ones like that. Its a detail but ive been working to get it all perfect and thats the last glitch outstanding!

you need to generate two moviesheets one for CD1 and one for CD2

you can also try and merge 2 video files into 1

this way u can also access d movie easily

try this link file joiner & splitter its free

u can also try xilisoft video converter it has a feature to merge video files

Ok thanks,

Ill try the two moviesheets, maybe I did something wrong as im sure that was what I tried first, if not well it doesnt overly matter its only a handful of older films anyway.

Thats for the joining tips, but I was hoping to avoid doing it as its a time consuming and laborious process, getting the films setup on this box has taken long enough LOL

Still its nice when its all more or less done, very nice box overall, shame about the firmware but at least thats something they can upgrade going forward. A few tweaks and it would be perfect.

takes about 5 seconds to setup the 2 files to join and you let it run. takes about 3-5 minutes to complete.

I had made some movie sheets for some split movies and this is what I did.

Original files:

Movie-a.avi

Movie-b.avi

generated sheets with TG and had:

Movie-a.avi

Movie-a.xml

Movie-a.jpg

Movie-b.avi

Movie-b.xml

Movie-b.jpg

Did not like the split file approach so joined them

Movie-a.avi + Movie-b.avi = Movie.avi [about 5 minutes]

While the joining was processing I did the below steps:

1. deleted:

Movie-b.xml

Movie-b.jpg

1. renamed:

Movie-a.xml

Movie-a.jpg

to:

Movie.xml

Movie.jpg

When joining was done deleted the 2 halves [a and b] and left the full version in the same folder.

Movie.avi

Movie.xml

Movie.jpg

Done!

Took all of 5 minutes per movie as while it was converting . Had about 10 to do

Hi Drizz!

What software do you use to merge the 2 movie files? and do you know of any freeware software that could do the same thing?

cheers

I would suggest, mkvtoolnix.  It’s free and fast.

Thanks TW! will try it out

azeem50 above provided one.

Mine isnt free. I use “AimOne AVI Cutter & Joiner”

I have only had to join avi, all my mkvs are in 1 file already