Any success win 10

has any one fully connected a mycloud to a win 10 pc? so the mycloud shows up in “this pc”? has anyone actually used the smartware backup? i have tried and retried all suggestions except method 6. i would like to know if anyone has been successful.

I am using mycloud on Win 10. I am not using organic backup tool of MyCloud but a freeware called free file sync. It works very fine without any issues. Hope I answered your question.

What does “fully connected” mean? Are you attempting to connect the My Cloud direct to a Windows 10 PC without using a router or switch?

What does “i have tried and retried all suggestions except method 6” mean? Are you referring to the following post?

https://community.wd.com/t/compilation-of-windows-10-methods-steps-and-solutions/142576

i am referring to the post you cite. mycloud is connected to my router. by “fully connected” i mean has any one got the mycloud to show up in “this pc” in file explorer. i have two macbook pros connected with no problem. have backed up both with time machine. i have moved files onto and off mycloud. my only problem is connecting to win 10

are you able to use the smartware backup?

Early on I used Smartware but no longer, use a dedicated third party backup program instead. When I used Smartware, no problems backing up a Win 10 PC to the My Cloud. Have family members who backup several Win 10 PC’s to their My Cloud without issue using Smartware.

Below is what I see in my Win 10 Windows File Explorer. I have two Shares mapped which show up along with the My Cloud under Network.

Things to troubleshoot and check. Ensure the Windows computers are using the same workgroup name as the My Cloud. Make sure the Windows PC’s are in the same IP address subnet range (ex. 192.168.1.x) as the My Cloud. Make sure any firewall software isn’t blocking access to the My Cloud. Make sure NetBIOS over TCPIP is enabled. Make sure to use Private Network and not Public Network on Windows 10. Make sure you are not using IP isolation on the router to isolate devices from each other.

The problem most likely resides in some configuration issue on your Windows PC if your Mac’s can see and access the My Cloud.

thanks for the info. checked all those things. agreed that it is most likely a win 10 problem. haven’t had a need to connect pc to macs before. trying to do so now. may help the mycloud problem. i have a jpg screenshotof my pc showing WDMYCLOUD in network but not in this pc. i don’t know how to put it here

You can upload a picture by selecting the “upload” icon () when creating a post.

Can you access the My Cloud at all from Windows File Explorer? Can you map a Share to Windows File Explorer?

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=2676

Are you running any third party security, anti virus, or firewall software on the Windows 10 computer? If so have you tried disabling them?

Are you logged into Windows using the main administrator account first used when setting up Windows or as a guest or secondary user that has restricted access?

As a troubleshooting step you could downgrade the SMB to SMB1 per the directions in Windows 10 Specific Method 6 in the Compilation of Windows 10 Methods, Steps and Solutions post to see if there is an SMB issue going on.

i turned off zone alarm. now i can click on mycloud in network, log on to user roro

and get the following screen. mycloud is still not showing in "this"pc. i can’t map a share. logged in as admin.have set win 10 to smb1

I will add to what others have said. Both my Computers, Desktop and Laptop have Windows 10 with the latest updates. I do use Smartware without any problems. See images below.

Click on, tap or activate images to be able to see complete image.

This image is from my SmartWare on my Desktop and my entire PC was backed up this morning. My Horace share takes place on another morning, see second image. I have not had any problems with SmartWare.

My, My Cloud is a 1st generation.

thanks. it is nice to see someone using it. i’m not giving up

thanks to all my community mentors. after many restarts and 3 system restores i removed zonealarm completely and restarted. mycloud is properly recognized. wd smartware is now backing up my pc.