Any chance of getting photos back

so I set up my wd MB live 2TB 2 weeks ago, put my photo’s on the there from my computer the day after, before deleting them off my computer i wanted to make sure they were on there, so i waited a couple days before deleting them off my computer, they showed up on my computer and my phone, and on my wifes iPad as being on there. so i deleted all 153 gigs off my computer, went on there the next day to check some photo’s…all gone

I have since uploaded photo’s from computer into the exact same folder and there are still there after 5 days, same with uploading off my phone and wifes ipad.

I need these photo’s back!!! PLS help

Probably no. Check this link, same applies to your case.

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Book-Live/Deleted-share-by-accident-how-get-data-back/td-p/619879

And make sure you read the following as well…

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-33088_39-57556308/digital-storage-basics-part-3-backup-vs-redundancy/

macphoto wrote:

so I set up my wd MB live 2TB 2 weeks ago, put my photo’s on the there from my computer the day after, before deleting them off my computer i wanted to make sure they were on there, so i waited a couple days before deleting them off my computer, they showed up on my computer and my phone, and on my wifes iPad as being on there. so i deleted all 153 gigs off my computer, went on there the next day to check some photo’s…all gone

Are you sure they’re gone?   As in, have you connected again via the PC Share?  (Maybe they’re just not showing on the mobile apps.)

1 Like

to be absolutely sure the photos are gone or not, SSH into the MBL, and look in the /shares/ directory for your folder and the subsequent photos. If you can’t see them with SSH, then they are gone.

macphoto wrote:

so I set up my wd MB live 2TB 2 weeks ago, put my photo’s on the there from my computer the day after, before deleting them off my computer i wanted to make sure they were on there, so i waited a couple days before deleting them off my computer , they showed up on my computer and my phone, and on my wifes iPad as being on there. so i deleted all 153 gigs off my computer, went on there the next day to check some photo’s…all gone

I have since uploaded photo’s from computer into the exact same folder and there are still there after 5 days, same with uploading off my phone and wifes ipad.

I need these photo’s back!!! PLS help

Why do people keep doing that??? Don’t you have any regards for your data? Do you have an actual backup? Are you aware the drive can die tomorrow?

1 Like

I don’t suppose your laptop has a system restore point you could go back to and that would bring the photos back? I’m not sure if system restore brings back files though so this might not work - check with others before trying.

I’m can’t imagine the files are actually gone. I agree with checking using ssh. Also can you still see other files in your wd drive? I wonder if you just messed up your network sharing options for your network.