Anticipation is killing me... please help!

I just recently bought this unit and am currently awaiting the arrival as I’m typing this. But from all the reviews that I’m reading about the product, I’m not too sure if I jumped the gun on this one.

The NAS that I bought was the 3TB and my initial need for this was because I currently have over 1000+ MKV movies on a 2TB WD ELEMENTS HDD. Though since I currently wanted to expand my library, I thought a good idea would be to buy one of these, move the movies to the NAS and that way I can also stream to other rooms with a WD PLUS and WD HUBS! But I digress, people’s reviews are saying that files get saved separately, not all together! For instance, all my movie folders have a jpeg file of the movie poster, and text file for the description as well as the mkv file (the movie itself). Just wondering if I move the movies, will they all get split up into different files?

Secondly, will all the movies display from the NAS networked through the HUB and PLUS?? Still with movie folders and meta-info??

A little worried…

Thanks in advance everyone!!

Just wondering if I move the movies, will they all get split up into different files?

Of course not.

The files will be whereever you put them.

Secondly, will all the movies display from the NAS networked through the HUB and PLUS?? Still with movie folders and meta-info??

Absolutely.  My answers presume you plan on using the “Network Shares” function of the Live / Live+ / Hub / etc, not the MEDIA SERVER function.

Media Server has its own eccentricities…  No Metadata, no thumbnails, etc.   

1 Like

Tony: You’re the man! I appreciate all your help! (ON ALL MY SBUJECTS I POST ABOUT)… I get it tomorrow, so I’m pretty stoked to get it all up and running.