Anonymous RW to WD EXT4

I have an WD EXT4. I created a public share that I mapped to an application running on a Windows 10 machine. This application can’t write to the share. I inquired in the application user forum, and they said that the application needs Anonymous RW privileges. This share is public, and should be rewrite-able to everyone who accesses it. Are there permissions that I need to tweak to get anonymous RW on this share?

Thanks

Daryl

Hello,

What application are you using to write to the drive? If is a public share, you should be able to write to it.

The application is called “NextPVR”. A DVR application that runs on Windows. The application runs as a service, under a “Local Systems” account, not the account that I’m logged on as. The developer tells me that the application doesn’t have permission to write to the share on the NAS. The share is public, so it should have read/write permissions, but for some reason it can’t write the files.From what I understand,“Public” should mean EVERYONE can read/write to the share.

Any thoughts as to why the application can’t write to a public share?

Thanks

Daryl