Android OS5 app cannot find EX2 Ultra OS5

In the EX2’s web browser configuration page, I have created a User with a different email address and password (as described by the EX2’s manual) than the Admin. I do not know what the User’s unique password is for (in the configuration page). Is it supposed to be the same password as the User’s MyCloud OS5 Mobile password? The EX2’s manual doesn’t give any explanation what each set of credentials is used for (and what each login page expects for credentials). Could anyone explain this? Thank you!

Hi @yodelyaddle,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Welcome back @yodelyaddle! The password you set when creating a user on the NAS’s admin page is to be able to log into it via SMB/FTP/etc. locally vs. the account you can create for access via the Cloud Access tab.

#WDUserRewards

I will try following the OS5 support links first to try to connect the Android phone to the EX2. If I don’t have success I will open a Support Case. Thank you.

Thank you, ActiveUser! That was exactly the information I was trying to clarify.

1 Like