An error occurred while reconnecting to \\MyBookLive

I’ve seen a lot of junky products in the last 25 years of computer use, but I think the WD MyBookLive is the worst of all. I’ve had this piece of junk in my house for a couple of years, and I’ve had to troubleshoot it countless times. I’ve wasted HOURS and HOURS of my time because WD can’t seem to make its product work reliably with the worlds most popular operating system (Windows, of course). Over the past couple of years, the connection from PC to MyBookLive has failed, randomly for no reason, with two Windows 7 machines, three Windows 8 machines, and now my Windows 10 machine too. I don’t have HOURS of time to waste on trying to troubleshoot problem after problem after problem. At least the problem is consistent; it’s a repeating pattern. I set up the PC to connect to MyBookLive and it works. And then at some point, maybe in a few days or a few weeks later, the connection stops working. It happened with Windows 7, it happened with Windows 8, and now it’s happening with Windows 10. It’s RIDICULOUS! If anyone knows how to make a PC connect to MyBookLive reliably and consistently, I’d love to hear it.
In this latest iteration of the recurring problem, my Windows 10 machine is saying: After running Windows Network Diagnostics it says “One or more network protocols are missing on this computer” and “Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing”.

Hi, are you using a static IP address? What kind of tour are you using? What is your network layout?

hey, I’ve been having this exact problem with mine as well for a long, long time now. it occurs on my Apple computers as well. the only solution I know of is to reboot the device every few days or weeks as the problem arises.

have you figured out a solution yet?

I know these products run on linux, so im curious whether there’s a command that can be put in that automatically reboots the device nightly.

thanks

Matt