Amazon Fire TV

Hello,

Will Amazon Fire TV device work with WD My Cloud device? The photos that I stored on My Cloud are ones that I want to show on Amazon Fire TV.

I’m checking with you before buying Amazon Fire TV. If not, then what will work with My Cloud that will show photos on TV?

Any DLNA-compatible renderer will work.

That doesn’t answer my question. I’m not certain about your answer, but just need to know if Amazon Fire TV will work with My Cloud?

Very few folks in the general public has bought Amazon Fire TV at this point…so expecting a specific answer from someone who bought that already AND My Cloud AND frequents this forum AND sees your message AND chooses to respond is a bit unrealistic.

Tony’s answer is the most accurate answer you’ll get right now. And he did answer your question. You need to be proactive and do your own research a bit more to understand what he meant. People come here with the most specific questions about early-adopter prosucts expecting an army of people who already use it and are ready to answer those questions. Use Google a bit…see what is DLNA, etc. Then research on Amazon to see if their product is a DLNA compatible product or not. Do some homework yourself.

THartmann9374 wrote:

That doesn’t answer my question. I’m not certain about your answer, but just need to know if Amazon Fire TV will work with My Cloud?

No, as far as I can tell FireTV does not support DLNA out of the box, but you can use apps like Plex and Vimu for DLNA support.

Of course non of the above is any guarantee that it will work well with MyCloud and/or play all your files.

Check out the Amazon Fire TV site. This was found doing a Google search. You may want to search for reviews too.

http://www.amazon.com/Fire-TV-streaming-media-player/dp/B00CX5P8FC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404300185&sr=8-1&keywords=amazon+firetv

I use a Sony Media Player SMP-N200. I can play all my music, view my photos and videos from my WD My Cloud.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

Cybernut1,

You are correct. I should have researched on this more further. It is just that I got MAC TV and it didn’t work 100 percent with My Cloud (isn’t able to go through photos to be used as a screensaver and have to be on iTunes at this time, the goal is to not to use laptop and let device connected to My Cloud to show photos and I returned back MAC TV.)

In other words, I just didn’t want to buy something then find out that it is not what I expected then go through hassle of returning device back.

This is why I want to know from other users if they have Amazon TV that got to work with My Cloud. 

THartmann9374 wrote:

This is why I want to know from other users if they have Amazon TV that got to work with My Cloud. 

A quick digging around on Amazon’s site led me to this page - you may find your answers in the manual (User’s Guide) ->  https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201348270

But I doubt you’ll find someone with My Cloud AND with Fire TV here already…the Fire TV is a brand new product. But the manual may provide the answers you are looking for - on DLNA, etc. I could try to read it for you and find it for you but I won’t…hope you find the answer by some reading.

Before I bought the My Cloud EX2 three months ago, I spent two full days reading the manual - I was interested to learn about it’s capabilities. I never understand why people don’t do more self-initiated research by simply reading a product’s manual, before buying it based on the scant marketing info on a product website. There would be far fewer situations requiring returning a product, although sometimes that may still be inevitable.