Amazon Fire tv with kodi

I have had the wd hub for a few years now and recently bought an Amazon fire tv and installed kodi-xbmc, my hub and fire tv are both plugged via ethernet into my router, I have been trying to add the hub videos to my kodi library,  I have been able to do this via upnp but no metadata can be seen with this method, does anyone know how to add the hub to kodi as nfs or smb, my hub is not showing as a source and I don’t use a pc to share on my network. Thanks 

Welcome to the Community.

Hopefully an experienced user will be able to to provide some guidance, if possible.

As long as the Share Server is on in the Hub’s settings, you should be able to find it via SMB in Kodi…

And also, you will have to let Kodi re-scrape all your videos to display info and artwork  eg. Set Content > TMDB

Live Hub uses XML  and   moviename.jpg

Kodi use NFO  and   moviename -poster.jpg

Thanks i will play about with the share settings on the live hub as the problem is likely there, I will let you know how I get on

davthegolfer wrote:
Thanks i will play about with the share settings on the live hub as the problem is likely there, I will let you know how I get on

Another thing to watch for (and it tripped me up for a couple of days when starting up XBMC the first time) – BROWSING on XBMC/Kodi relies on WIndows Network Browser function the same as WD devices do.

If you don’t have a well-behaved Browser on your network, Kodi might not find the server.

But you can always manually enter the location into Kodi.

Does this work… https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-use-wdmycloud-as-media-server-for-xbmc/