Am I missing something in the menu? Can't find videos

I’ve had the WD Live HUB 1TB for about 2 weeks. Everything is fine, it plays everything I throw at it no problem.

However, there is one issue, or 2 rather. If I Connect it to my network and go to videos, it will say there are no videos. I have to browse to my PC and my Movies folders each time. I was hoping it would remember, after all, when I select videos I want videos to appear.

In the same vien if I copy a file over to the device itself and put it in the root of the HD, it still wont show up in videos. It will say 1 new item. I click on it and it says there are no videos. The only way of seeing whats on the hard drive is by pressing down on the video screen and then it will show me a list of the recent files over a 30 day period.

I was hoping someone could shed some light on this issue, maybe I am doing something wrong completely, or it could  be “by design”.

That’s how the one I’m using works and I’ve never paid a lot of attention to it, but now that you mention it, I wonder the same  o.o

1 Like

Wait, when you add a new movie to the Hub, it do not show? Mine once I add a new movie, I just have to browse to the folder where the movie was transfer to and it will show.

X1982X wrote:

… I have to browse to my PC and my Movies folders each time. I was hoping it would remember, after all, when I select videos I want videos to appear.

In the same vien if I copy a file over to the device itself and put it in the root of the HD, it still wont show up in videos. It will say 1 new item. I click on it and it says there are no videos. The only way of seeing whats on the hard drive is by pressing down on the video screen and then it will show me a list of the recent files over a 30 day period.

I was hoping someone could shed some light on this issue, maybe I am doing something wrong completely, or it could  be “by design”.

As long as you set the CONTENT SOURCE to be your PC, it will remember that.   

Now as to why NEW content doesn’t show up, that’s because the Hub doesn’t track the volume for changes.   You need to restart the Hub to force it to re-check the contents of a shared drive.

As to why it doesn’t show new content on the LOCAL HD, that might be because of a corrupt media library.   Clear the media library to see if it fixes the issue.

pressing the yellow button C on the hub remote should refresh the file list