All SATA3 has NCQ?

I would like to know if every sata3 model of the digital western has NCQ?
Does WD5000AZLX have NCQ?

Hi roniehp,

Please refer to the link below for NCQ support:
https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=1311

In this link speaks only in sata2, I need to know if all the sata3
disks have NCQ, in specific the WD5000AZLX

Ronie Hauer Piekarz
Log Computadores - 41 3027-5152 - 41 9236-7921
Rua Solimões, 792 - Mercês - Curitiba - PR - CEP 80510-140

Hi roniehp,

Some advanced disk-drive commands, such as Native Command Queuing (which may increase performance), Secure Erase (which allows all data on the drive to be securely erased) and S.M.A.R.T. (accessing indicators of drive reliability) exist as extensions to low-level hard-drive command sets such as SCSI, SATA, or PATA. These features may not work when hard drives are in a disk enclosure supporting a USB mass-storage interface. Some USB mass-storage interfaces are generic, providing basic read-write commands. Although this works well for basic data transfer with hard-drive-based devices, there is no simple way to send advanced, device-specific commands to USB mass-storage devices (although devices may create their own communication protocols over a USB-standard control interface). The USB Attached SCSI (UAS) protocol introduced in USB 3.0 fixes several of these issues, including command queuing, command pipes for hardware requiring them and power management.

Specific USB 2.0 chipsets had proprietary methods of achieving SCSI pass-through, which could be used to read S.M.A.R.T. data from drives using tools such as smartctl (using the -d option followed by “chipset”).[6] More recent USB storage chipsets support the SCSI / ATA Translation (SAT) as a generic protocol for interacting with ATA (and SATA) devices.

Thanks!

In this link speaks only in sata2, I need to know if all the sata3
disks have NCQ, in specific the WD5000AZLX

My question is if the SATA3 hard drives have NCQ

Ronie Hauer Piekarz
Log Computadores - 41 3027-5152 - 41 9236-7921
Rua Solimões, 792 - Mercês - Curitiba - PR - CEP 80510-140

Hi roniehp,

Unfortunately, SATA3 hard drives does not have NCQ.

Sata2 have a NCQ and sata3 don´t have?

strange…

Sata2 have a NCQ and sata3 don´t have?

strange…