Alaska Resurface [WDTV LIVE HUB & SMP]

Hi,

Can you send screenshots of gallery view please, am intrigued to say the least :slight_smile:

Anyone know how to backup themes from wdtv to pc?

video_run.xml

<wrapper disable=“@@disable_subtitle_audio_info”>
    <image image=“image/video_playback_subtitle_info_bg.png” x=“70” y=“36” w=“310” h=“83” />
    <text text=“@@subtitle_info” x=“87” y=“53” w=“276” h=“22” fontsize=“20” textcolor=“0xffffff” align=“left” speed=“1” delay=“2” />
    <text text=“@@audio_info” x=“87” y=“83” w=“276” h=“22” fontsize=“20” textcolor=“0xffffff” align=“left” speed=“1” delay=“2” />
  </wrapper>

@fuzz79dude

Backing up themes from WDTV Live Hub (which is this forum) to PC is easy as copy’n’paste

I have absolutley no idea how to backup a theme from the SMP (since it’s loaded in flash memory)

I guess, you should keep a backup of the theme zip file on your PC before you upload it to the SMP.

1 Like

@CoOoL_BoY

I had a bit of free time this afternoon and was trying to think of way to speed up the 18 thumb video view for the SMP

(which is responsive on the Live Hub)

The only way i could think of … was swapping the Video Browse View with List View (which only requires One Line of Code to display a large focused thumbnail)

Negatives with doing this …

The List View xml is shared with Video / Music and Photos eg. Modify it for Videos and it will effect how Music/Photos display.

No default icon for movies or folders without a thumbnail

So, if you don’t care about the negatives … then “hopefully” this will be Faster Navigation on the SMP

(I can’t guarantee it though … had to give back the SMP my nieghbor loaned me)

Navigation speed on the Live Hub is the same … relatively fast and responsive

http://www.mediafire.com/download/y07taeh9d8yzccs/Final2.zip

1 Like

thanks yes its faster no lag but its look weird without the thumbs

i was wondering does 27 Thumbs lags on wd tv live Hub?

if no lag am thinking of replacing my wd tv SMP to wd tv live Hub soon

can u modify Final.zip v1 to: (if u cant its fine)

18 thumbs: (change it to 27 thumbs)

• remove large poster on left . replace it with 3 rows & 3 columns
  • change fontsize="30  (i can edit code manually)
  • enlarge poster a bit for the selected(red border) movie only . becuase on 12 thumbs view the selected movie is zoomed a bit , but on 15 thumbs selected movie is not zoomed

27 thumbs will lag on my current SMP but i want to see how it looks and keep it for wd tv live Hub once i buy it

CoOoL_BoY wrote:

thanks yes its faster no lag but its look weird without the thumbs

i was wondering does 27 Thumbs lags on wd tv live Hub?

if no lag am thinking of replacing my wd tv SMP to wd tv live Hub soon

100% Lag with 27 Thumbs … on all WDTV Devices    (including the WDTV Live Hub)

Back “in the day” on Gen1 Devices 24 Thumbs was the absolute limit

remember, these wd hardware devices have a finite amount of ram / memory and processing power for the GUI

(Graphical User Interface)  …

the MAIN processing for Video Playback is handled by the Sigma Chip which is desiged for Video Playback   (The Sigma Chip does not control the GUI)  *The GUI is just a frontend*

P.S. Includiing the “Zoom” code … or selected_scale=" " code … stresses out the GUI of device even MORE (makes things even slower) acceptable for 12 Thumbs … but when you start doubling the number of thumbs … then lag starts setting in.

1 Like

Hey Joey & Everyone else… 

Like to say this by far the only theme I enjoy using and looking,

I’ve decided to add some new flare into my mod on the side, 
New Wallpaper, Some new Icons. Slowly but surely getting there still WIP

Anyway, lots more to do and mess with on my part. 

I had an issue with the music metadata. Not sure if it’s my fault or the theme?..

I fixed it by replacing “@@album_cover” with “@@album_icon”, Works fine now in the playback.

But could never get it to show up on the now playing widget. 
I mean is no big deal really.  But If there’s a fix maybe, I’d like to know? If not I’ll just replace the icon perhaps

The Music Cover for “Now Playing” on the Main Menu is controlled by

inc_generic_now_playing.xml    and the tag inside the xml  “@@info_album_artist

controls the display.  Now, the cover will only display if you have embedded artwork.

My enitre music collection has embedded artwork … so this is how the theme displays the cover in all views (without any aleration to download provided on page 1 of this thread)

Here is also a test folder to try  http://www.mediafire.com/download/3hib9b2qn3f7rqy/MUSIC.zip

So, ensure you have embedded artwork … and everything will display fine 

(eg. Mp3tag      http://www.mp3tag.de/en/)

Hey mate,

I’ve just discovered this site, and these themes. Your work (and other’s on here is really excellent, thanks fot tkaing the time to make all this cool stuff for us non programmers! :slight_smile:

Just had a question, (and I’m new to this, so sorry if it’s a dumb question)… but when i use your dark or light themes, the large version of the movie (in gallery mode) is just a blown up (and low res) copy of the cover. On the default theme it seems to be a clearer different picture.

How do I use your awesome theme with the clarity and thumbnail like thethe Mochi default theme has

Thanks again

Sam

A 2 point answer…

1. On Page (1)  of this thread … scroll down to read the info i posted

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/ALASKA-RESURFACE-REMIX-LIGHT-DARK/td-p/327445

A README TEXT:

* The Theme is a Non-Moviesheet Theme … it only uses “Poster” Thumbnails either generated via the Hub’s Internal Meta Scraper or a 3rd Party
Scraper… eg.Thumbgen
So, if you “Are” satisfied with the Jpeg Picture Quality of the Hub’s Scraped Posters … then you dont need to use a 3rd Party Application.
If you are “Not” satisfied with the Jpeg Picture Quality then of course, you can use a 3rd Party Application to generate Poster Thumbnails.

It is Recommended to use and not to exceed a Resolution of 300(w) x 450(h) Dimensions.  
Whilst the Theme will do the best to Scale / Align / Fixratio of the Poster Thumbnails it is Recommended to use Posters with and Aspect Ratio of 2:3 or a Scaled Down Resolution of 1000x1500 which is a Popular Standard Format of the TMDB.
Dont use 1000x1500 !  
use a “Scaled” Resolution … eg. 300x450, 200x300, 178x267, 120x180 are examples of scaled and maintained
Aspect Ratio based on 1000x1500.

2. The “3” Different Gallery Views" the " Middle One" refers to this Info (Also posted on Page(1) of this thread)

* The “Appearance” of a Landscape “Fanart” image (eg. Gallery View on the Left Side of Screen) is a Vertically Pannned and Top Aligned Image of the Poster Thumbnail Image.
For Movie/Tv Posters with the Graphic Art Focused at the “Top” and the Title/Text is Vertically Bottom Aligned… this “Simulated” Fanart effect is suitable.
For Movie/Tv Posters with the Graphic Art Focused at the “Bottom” and the Title/Text is Vertically Top Aligned… then does not look so good.
2 Workarounds… Find an Alternate Poster that is Suitable or Custom Design one.

Refer to Point 1. if you are not happy whith the picture quality.

Also, which device do you own ? and what Firmware Revision ?

WDTV Live Hub or a WDTV Live SMP ?

Thanks mate…I have the hub, and the latest firmware (I only got it a few days ago)

I see you said you need a third party application, I’m not sure what that is, or how I go about using that 3rd party deal.

Also, in other news, for some reason all my movie thumbnails are now gone completely?? The movie info is still there, but the thumbs have dissappeared.

I tried turning on and off the unit, and also deleting and re scanning for the meta info…eveytthing comes back with the rescan, except the images.

ladofdestiny wrote:

Thanks mate…I have the hub, and the latest firmware (I only got it a few days ago)

I see you said you need a third party application, I’m not sure what that is, or how I go about using that 3rd party deal.

A 3rd party app is any other software that will scrape movies and download thumbnails (which ive already mentioned an example on the 1st page …again …)  

ladofdestiny wrote:

Also, in other news, for some reason all my movie thumbnails are now gone completely?? The movie info is still there, but the thumbs have dissappeared.

I tried turning on and off the unit, and also deleting and re scanning for the meta info…eveytthing comes back with the rescan, except the images.

Sounds like you have a device issue … not theme related  (you can apply the deafult wdtv theme if you want to be sure)

@CoOoL_BoY

“Default Icon Thumbnails” are back in the 18 Thumbnail view.

It did’nt affect the navigation speed on the Live Hub … let’s hope it’s the same for the SMP

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8tmjcwb91k4wubw/Final3.zip

thanks yup there is no lag , currently am using Final.zip v1 .

• Note: v2 , v3 has weird image bug in appreance , themes , v1 has no bug

i tested all your alaska themes i noticed on setting u cant access About Page (Info Icon) can u fix it?

ok i made my final decision:

ignore the 15/18 thumbs view since it will be laggy or no lag but with default thumbs

so am not going to use it at all

instead replace it with this nice metadata view :slight_smile:

download ur default theme this one:

AlaskaDARK_V1.2 (it has metadata view above in screenshot)

just change:

12 thumbs: to (GALLERY VIEW)
- Backdrop support + Remove diffuse effect on backdrop
- Move the title text to Top instead of bottom + Text size 30 + Remove align="hcenter

- No watched icon

• Fix about page (info icon)? cannot access it

i wish u can upload it today my friends are coming over with their WD TVs i told them about ur awesome theme so i want to apply it to their WD TVs :smiley:

thanks yup there is no lag , currently am using Final.zip v1 .

- Note: v2 , v3 has weird image bug in appreance , themes , v1 has no bug

The List View “Focused” bar is also used in the Theme selection View …

Since i modified the List View to be the “18 Thumbnail Page View” which has the RED focused highlight

That graphic (*png) get’s used “again” in the Theme selection screen … nothing i can do about that (Firmware Encoded)

Fix about page (info icon)? cannot access it

Sorry, i don’t understand … are you talking about pressing the “Option” button and selecting “View Info” ?

If so, you need to have the Media Library “On”

_ instead replace it with this nice metadata view _

_   _

Metadata View is only available in “Gallery View” no other views contain plot,genre,actors etc etc

I think i’m done now … as everything is reverting back to the original theme i posted (chopping ‘n’ changing things around in end just doesent work the way i intended when i originally designed the theme … which was following the rules and function of design based on the Default Mochi Theme … yep, all themes as a base, are just modifications of the Default Mochi/Legacy Theme … Function and Operation is dictated by Firmware)

Metadata View is only available in “Gallery View” no other views contain plot,genre,actors etc etc

ops totally forgot about that … sorry :slight_smile: ok will stick with final v1

and about the bug

on main menu . go to Settings > there is red (i) icon its About Page . try to access it?

if u confirm the bug , it may be inside this file:

rv_setup_entry_page.xml

let me know which line i edit

:smileyvery-happy: yep, gotcha … i understand now   about the " About"

i did see this when i got a loan of my neighbours WDTV Live SMP

I doubled checked the code (at the time i had the SMP) … could’nt find anything to cause it ?  :neutral_face:

Weird … i selected “Mobile Access” and pressed and “OK” on the remote control it displayed the “About” screen

All i can say it works fine on the WDTV Live Hub (which i own) …

I suppose looking at other SMP themes (written by people who own an SMP) might solve it

But, not an option for me … as i can’t test it  (without an SMP)

Here’s a video of it woring fine on the WDTV Live Hub  (Old Firmware … which i’m happy with)     :smiley:

“About” Screen on the WDTV Live Hub Firmware 2.07.17

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1vsg91_wdtv-live-hub-about-screen_shortfilms

u dont need proof :stuck_out_tongue: its not a big deal

video is ready :stuck_out_tongue:

nice movie collection :stuck_out_tongue: