Alaska Resurface [WDTV LIVE HUB & SMP]

Hello JoeySmyth,

your recommendation for thumbnails is 300x450 limited to 70k.

If I want to fruther improve the speed would you recommend to further lower the JPEG size or to reduce the resolution in Thumbgen. Thanks a lot!!

Hi Joey.

I have a small issue in big gallery view (I think that the name) I see a little white box or pixel on the center of the non-focus covers while the selected cover is show correctly is just with the items at right and left, I tried other view and everything seems to be fine.

http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/191/9jvj.jpg

Can you tell me what going on?

@Josh_k

The “Pixel” in Large Video View  is actually the unfocused cover …  1x2 pixel  

(0x0 was not accepted which would have simply rendered it invisable)

I managed to hide it in Alaska Light with a bit of work (but, had to lock the background wallpaper)

Did’nt want to lock the wallpaper in Alaska Dark, so i left it  “as is”

Oh I see… …actually until now I´m aware of the pixel it seem to be more noticeable in some covers than others.

By the way Joey what´s new on  AlaskaDARK_V1.3 ? I´m still using v1.2 but I don´t see the change log for v1.3.

Josh_K wrote:

Oh I see… …actually until now I´m aware of the pixel it seem to be more noticeable in some covers than others.

By the way Joey what´s new on  AlaskaDARK_V1.3 ? I´m still using v1.2 but I don´t see the change log for v1.3.

Nothing, except it’s the 15 thumbs in “Gallery View”

Great work and looks great.

One question though, I am using AlaskaDARK_V1.3 and I want to add the watched program icon.

I watch quite a lot of tv series and can never remember where I was. 

How can I add this to your theme. I generaly use the 15 image page.

Cheers.

Thanks mre15

To add the “Watched” icon to 15 Thumbnail page you will need to edit

rv_gallery_browse_page.xml

and add this line of code

you will have to play around with the x,y postions depending on where you want to display on screen

Thanks for the prompt reply, I will give it a try later after work.

Which program do you recommend to use for editing the xml file.

Cheers.

notepad++

http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

I think I am missing something here.

I have added the line and tried several places but can never see anything anywhere.

Do I need to add the png image somewhere for watched ?

Cheers

Let me say firstly, i don’t use the watched icon so i’m not that familiar with it.

Now this is where things get confusing…

I tried adding it well to “Gallery View” no dice … went back to the default Mochi Theme … not there either (from memory i can’t ever remember it being there since day 1)

Now, looking at pictures posted on the internet … some show it… some don’t… on the default theme.

So, it could be different firmware revisions or different devices smp/hub ???  i honestly don’t know

mre15 do you have the watched icon on the default Mochi theme ?

examples:

This screenshot does not have the watched icon (next to the purple heart)

These screenshots however do have the watched icon next to the heart.

I could be mistaken, but I think the watched icon only works under media library enabled views

I thought that might be the case too … But unfortunately not, as you can see from the 2nd picture

yeah, a closer look at your pics

show media library grey heart

local drives purple heart

unfortunately, it’s also a feature I’ve never used

KAD79 wrote:

yeah, a closer look at your pics

show media library grey heart

local drives purple heart

unfortunately, it’s also a feature I’ve never used

the colors are irrelevant kad, the heart goes purple when you add it to “favorites”

I was referring to “Time Travellers Wife” pic where it’s shows “My Media Library” but no Watched icon.

Hi

Thanks for your efforts.

I have the watched icon showing in both the mochi and the legacy themes, I am running the latest firmware.

I am getting lots of ear bashing from the wife due it no longer being there for her tv series.

I hope this can be worked out somehow.

Many Thanks.

Looking at older Legacy / Mochi code it definately wasnt there… it is in the latest code

Had a little tinker… basically for “Unwatched” there will be No Banner

For “Watched” there will be … see pic

Here’s the edited theme: (i hope it works … if it doesn’t, i will send you some ear plugs)  :wink:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3669uvg67l1r66g/AlaskaDARK_V1.3_15_TBN_VERT_WATCH.zip

:smiley:

With the later FW it’s there, can’t say from which version and up …

Hi, Medic

Can you provide a download link for your mod so user mre15 could try both ?

Hey Joey,

Sorry, This an older screenshot when i still had a converted/modded Alaska Dark NL on my Hub. A couple of weeks ago i removed all custom themes to find out i had no backup … :cry: