Alaska Resurface [WDTV LIVE HUB & SMP]

Wow…

Ok,
So…one last question, think I know it can’t be done though. Is it even slightly possible to enable linksheet or background etc for folders? Or another suggestion that doesn’t say 'don’t use folders, lol) I am also having trouble getting xml data to show for folders too, I have tried several read options.

Thanks dude

i was hoping someone could help me install this theme in all its glory. I have managed to installed the theme and am now stuck.

1. what files structure should i have in my root e.g video, photos, music?

2. how should filter the file view? folders?

3. how do i get the cool pictures for the movies and the info? I want high quality so do i use thumbgen? 

I just want it to look like how it does in the screenshots.

@nyruz

Simple set up is best:
Music Folder>Music Album>Music Tracks
Video Folder>Video (named correctly)
Photo Folder>Photo Album>Photos

If on Pc, make sure they are shared. Select media source on wdtv>select folder. The rest prettying takes care of itself :slight_smile:

*pretty much

fuzz79dude wrote:
Ok,
So…one last question, think I know it can’t be done though. Is it even slightly possible to enable linksheet or background etc for folders? Or another suggestion that doesn’t say 'don’t use folders, lol) I am also having trouble getting xml data to show for folders too, I have tried several read options.

Thanks dude

Sure, the theme can be modified to enable Linksheets (for files and/or folders) if you want… then it gets complicated

(Lots of reading, extra work, 3rd party software involved if you wish to go down this path)

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/TITAN-LIVE-New-Theme-Now-Available/td-p/587803/page/6

If you have a WDTV Live Hub… Linksheets *easy*

If you have a WDTV SMP Linksheets  *30 Megabyte Limit for Linksheets*

If you have a WDTV SMP Linksheets *custom firmware bypass the 30 Megabyte Limit*

Alaska Resurface Theme was designed as a

Non Moviesheet / Non Linksheet / Non Thumbgen Theme with *KISS*  technology in mind (for myself and others to use)

*Edit*  Granted, the “Default” Moviesheet display in Gallery View was easy to implement … because it requires no extra work … it’s using the default Mochi behaviour to display it

(it uses the internal scraper to generate the xml backdrop streaming links from tmdb)

nvm

nm

@JoeySmyth: thanks, not sure I wanna mess around too much!! Ha! Wel, I will do a test, but doubt it will run a-swell as you have it set up!

“Finally the “Theme” designer includes these lines of XML code into their Theme which makes the “Linksheets” appear
For Gallery View: <image image=”@@browse_text" x=“0” y=“0” w=“1280"h=“720” scale=“100” bg=“1”/>
For All Other Views: ”

Where would this be placed? And would it only show under thumbs, clock and so on? I wouldn’t want it over the top of everything.

Thanks

@Joey

Hey!

So, I added these lines of code to rv_gallery_browse_page.xml using notepad++ and uploaded my folder image (without .jpg) - the folder on WDTV displays the linksheet, but overlays everything!! :;( This code is at the end, just before

<image image=“@@browse_text” x=“0” y=“0” w="1280"h=“720” scale=“100” bg=“1”/>

Pleaase please tell me how to make this as background image, so everything else is still on top, I wouldnt even mind if that nice overlay you have is in front!!

So so close…is last thing I need to get full resluts I am looking for!

Ha! Sorted it, just placement of text was all…So, the only thing is the text xml for folder! been reading on this, has anyone got a final solution on how to achieve this?

:slight_smile:

metadata text will not display for folders.

if you want text to display on the linksheet then you will have to design a linksheet with text on it.

Example:

Here’s an abandoned example (i no longer have the thumbgen template … lost in a reformat)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krMtBm5bgEw

Thanks, I can do that then I guess…you know of hand what font/size is used for the metadata text? Will try and match look of metadata on files :slight_smile:

Joey, if you have the time of course, would it be at all possible to upload a Dark Vertical version that has both the drive thumbnail, and the watched code? 

I’ve done my best to combine them, and I’m getting some nasty results!

Thanks Joey!!

Edit: I’m using the video browse view, if that matters

@TheCMH

I’ll look into it later today

Here you go, all done :smiley:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uam4t8gf96ptv06/AlaskaDARKdrivewatchicon.zip

1 Like

You rock. Thanks Joey!! Works wonderfully. 

Does anyone know what font is used for metadata text (overview) I can’t for the life of me figure it out! :S

Size would be handy too!

It’s a proprietary font    (you’ll have to find a free font that looks similar)

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/Changing-Subtitles-Font/td-p/542038

Thanks Joey, is tricky looking on pc in one room running back and forward trying to match, lol…may take a photo or something. Sounds petty right?! Just want it to all match up :slight_smile:

fuzz79dude wrote:
Thanks Joey, is tricky looking on pc in one room running back and forward trying to match,

Good Exercise isn’t it  :wink:

Try the Capture Snapshot Feature on the SMP (insert a flashdrive and follow these instructions)

It will make things easier :smiley:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8643/~/capture-snapshot-feature-on-a-wd-tv-live-hub-and-live-streaming-media-player-is