Alaska Resurface [WDTV LIVE HUB & SMP]

Hi Joey…

First let me say, this is a very nice Theme that you create.

Now I have some Question.

I used the Video browse page (rv_video_browse_page.xml) (the big one, with the 12 Covers) as my main Gallary for movies.

How must i change the xml, then i want include a "poster " on the right side, only then I in the last Folder, there ist the Movie ( for example “movie_poster.jpg”).

I try something, but nothing will work.

Secoundly, can you upload some “testfolders” of your libery?

Sorry about my bad english, but i´m from Germany and not so fit in english forums :smiley:

Hi, Capy79

I used the Video browse page (rv_video_browse_page.xml) (the big one, with the 12 Covers) as my main Gallary for movies.

How must i change the xml, then i want include a "poster " on the right side, only then I in the last Folder, there ist the Movie ( for example “movie_poster.jpg”).

I’m not sure i understand ?   If you can post “Mockup” picture of what you want  (Using Photoshop,Paintshop,GIMP)

i will see what i can do :smiley:

Secoundly, can you upload some “testfolders” of your libery?

There is no special folder / file structure for movies

I personally just have 1 folder named “MOVIES” which contain all my movies (mkv,avi etc with the movie xml’s and the jpgs)

Some people like a main folder eg. “MOVIES” and then Genre Subfolders eg. ACTION, SCI-FI etc that contain the movies mkv,avi etc with the movie xml’s and jpg’s sorted into each Genre folder)

P.S. your english is good

Ok, thanks for my english :slight_smile:

ok, let me try to give you a idea of that i want.

the first top Picture is the main Libery, that i want to use (i know this is the xml.file rv_video_browse_page.xml, right?)

Now i select a movie and i see a big picture of the movie cover (in the 2. Picture “Tribute of panem”) on the left site.

My “wish” there now, that the WD load a picture ( moviename_poster.jpg in the same Folder ) on the right Site.

But no matter what I want to do, it want look like that.

I know, that ivolves problems (exempel Series or Moviefolder thats involes more than one moviefile) but i made sure that in my files/folder structur.

S o** , I** hope that will give you a clearer idea of these idea?

You would to have to use “Linksheets” to achieve what you want.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/TITAN-LIVE-New-Theme-Now-Available/td-p/587803/page/6

However you would have to remove the bg=“1” and place the code

at end of the rv_video_browse_page.xml  (this way, the Linksheet will overlay on top of the thumbnails)

Your file / folder structure would be this…

The Hunger Games Catching Fire          ------------   This is a folder

Inside the folder

The Hunger Games Catching Fire.mkv

The Hunger Games Catching Fire.jpg

The Hunger Games Catching Fire.xml

The Linksheet would then be named  The Hunger Games Catching Fire.mkv and reside inside your THEME folder.

Please research as much as you can regarding Linksheets

Hi,

I love this theme, AND the fact it uses the GUI content grabs…one question (and I know it defeats the purpose of speed) I use the gallery mode (xml info at bottom)…anyway of enabling the background images behind the text?, like the GUI interface does…this would be perfect! Please!!! :smiley:

Thanks

Hi, fuzz79dude

Yes, it’s pretty straight foward to enable the GUI backgrounds in Gallery View as Mochi Theme does.

One line of code and and a diffuse layer is all that is needed.

I don’t have time right now … but here’s a “Mockup Picture”  (if i have time over the weekend i will upload the mods)

mod.jpg

1 Like

Ah man!!! Please do, this would be the perfect kit out for me!! :laughing:

Ok, i will get it done this weekend :smiley:  check back on the 13th April (Sunday for me) and i will upload it

1 Like

Many many thanks! :smiley:

Decided to have a “Quick Go” before settling down to a nite of Movies / Video Games and errrm … “Beverages” :wink:

Here it is … if there’s any bugs let me know (i did this quickly within 10mins … i thought it would take longer than that)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/343be3bf5d6f2s3/AlaskaDARK_FUZZ.zip

Personally i like the “Fade Effect” for backdrops … to set this go to 

Setup > Photo Settings > Slideshow Transition > Fade

and (if you want multiple backdrops … select 3 seconds Slideshow Interval Time … for *semi static backdrops* choose 5 mins)

1 Like

Thanks so much!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Hey! Thanks So Very much :smiley: This works perfectly!! is so awesome, thanks for helping out so quickly too!

:smiley:

Sorry, sorry :smiley:

Someone must work at weekend and at night, and my famliy need my time , too  :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks so very much for helping out so quickly :wink:

But I have not try this yet.

One question: you (know that I use the WD TV Live media player (Gen 3)? :wink: Ok, I don´t tell you that :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow…

Ok,
So…one last question, think I know it can’t be done though. Is it even slightly possible to enable linksheet or background etc for folders? Or another suggestion that doesn’t say 'don’t use folders, lol) I am also having trouble getting xml data to show for folders too, I have tried several read options.

Thanks dude

i was hoping someone could help me install this theme in all its glory. I have managed to installed the theme and am now stuck.

1. what files structure should i have in my root e.g video, photos, music?

2. how should filter the file view? folders?

3. how do i get the cool pictures for the movies and the info? I want high quality so do i use thumbgen? 

I just want it to look like how it does in the screenshots.

@nyruz

Simple set up is best:
Music Folder>Music Album>Music Tracks
Video Folder>Video (named correctly)
Photo Folder>Photo Album>Photos

If on Pc, make sure they are shared. Select media source on wdtv>select folder. The rest prettying takes care of itself :slight_smile:

*pretty much

fuzz79dude wrote:
Ok,
So…one last question, think I know it can’t be done though. Is it even slightly possible to enable linksheet or background etc for folders? Or another suggestion that doesn’t say 'don’t use folders, lol) I am also having trouble getting xml data to show for folders too, I have tried several read options.

Thanks dude

Sure, the theme can be modified to enable Linksheets (for files and/or folders) if you want… then it gets complicated

(Lots of reading, extra work, 3rd party software involved if you wish to go down this path)

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/TITAN-LIVE-New-Theme-Now-Available/td-p/587803/page/6

If you have a WDTV Live Hub… Linksheets *easy*

If you have a WDTV SMP Linksheets  *30 Megabyte Limit for Linksheets*

If you have a WDTV SMP Linksheets *custom firmware bypass the 30 Megabyte Limit*

Alaska Resurface Theme was designed as a

Non Moviesheet / Non Linksheet / Non Thumbgen Theme with *KISS*  technology in mind (for myself and others to use)

*Edit*  Granted, the “Default” Moviesheet display in Gallery View was easy to implement … because it requires no extra work … it’s using the default Mochi behaviour to display it

(it uses the internal scraper to generate the xml backdrop streaming links from tmdb)

nvm