Alaska Resurface [WDTV LIVE HUB & SMP]

@bessa

EDIT: <image image=“@@album_cover” x=“40” y=“557” w="120"h=“120” scale=“100” bg=“1”/>

has no effect on the home screen (cross checked with legacy theme … it doesnt contain the code)

oh, i didn’t know i have to put the code into the xml - i haven’t looked into it because it’s all chinese for me :cry:  i’ll give it a next try when i’m home…

patience is your middle name :wink:

@bessa

it was my mistake … I should have put the code in there.   *an oversight*

I’ll update all the available downloads to include this code tomorrow

apologies

double checked today,  @@album_icon does nothing on the “Home Screen”.  ID3 artwork displays fine without it.

(WDTVLiveHub Firmware 2.07.17)

JoeySmyth wrote:

apologies

what for, joey… ?

Good evening!

I’m trying to change one parameter about the Alaska theme, but I can’t.

My theme is AlaskaLIGHT_V1.6_15_TBN. I like to see one of the backdrop photos on the synopsis screen. I choose the view that display the 15 covers on the right, and on the left the horizontal photo with part of the cover, and the synopsis down. I want to change this horizontal cover and put the first backdrop there. 

To do this, I edit the rv_gallery_browse_page.xml and replace this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>@@poster**" x="44" y="131" w="445" h="253" scale="100" scale\_type="pan" align="top" bg="1"/><

with this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>@@backdrop_thumb_0" x="44" y="131" w="445" h="253" scale="100" scale\_type="pan" align="top" bg="1"/>

But the result is no image on the left part. I can’t see any image on the horizontal foto: no poster and no backdrop.

What I’m doing wrong? Is impossible to do that I want?

Thanks a lot!

that will not work

the only way to have “backdrops” is to use Linksheets generated with Thumbgen and own a WDTV Live Hub.

(Linksheets are not suitable for the WDTV SMP unless you use Beta Custom Firmware … which i know nothing about)

This is a simple Non-Linksheet/Moviesheet Theme

Here’s some reading about Linksheets and Moviesheets work that i posted a while ago (2nd post down)

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/need-help-very-badly/m-p/536443#M11034

That’s only 1/3 of what’s needed … Thumbgen Settings Config and Batch File renaming are the other steps needed.

Quite a bit of work involved … which is why i chose to keep this Theme just basic Posters.

Thanks Joey. Well, in this case, I try to think another alternative… I have the SMP, not the Hub.

One question: the @@poster that appears in 

<image image=“@@poster” x=“44” y=“131” w=“445” h=“253” scale=“100” scale_type=“pan” align=“top” bg=“1”/>

Which imagen is? I have all the movies in a directory named FILMS. In this directory I have, for example: 

.Avatar.backdrop\***.jpg

And in this path ….wd_tv\thumb\FILMS\ there are various pictures with the cover

The @@poster is the Avatar.metathumb?

I ask this, because if I found where is the cover that this theme reads, maybe I can change this jpg to see a photo inside the left rectangle where I try to see.

Really is this all that I want, see a photo of the film in the same screen that the covers and the synopsis. I don’t want to see the photo on the background at full screen. Only a small photo with the rest of the information about the film,

Thanks again!

it’s all CACHE of the “ONE” Poster Image

If you want a “SECOND” image then you will have to use “Linksheets”

PERIOD

Well, bad notices in that case :o(  If i use linksheets for the second image, I must use Thumbgen, that is the thing that I try to avoid. My intention is use only your Alaska Light Theme with the get info option of the wd, without other software.

One thing more… If I want to add more info to the gallery_browse_page, for example, actors and director, how can I know the name of the field? In the metadata_view_info there are more options, like

<text text="@@movie_director"x="432"y="260"w="620"h="20"textcolor="0x444444"fontsize="20"align=“left”/>

but if I put @@movie_director in the gallery_browse_page.xml, I don’t see nothing. What I’m doing wrong?

it’s   @@director

download the WD Leagcy Theme if you want to learn which tags will work in each view

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?19ayuv1qjrjqii2

Oks, thanks Joey! :wink:

Hello JoeySmyth,

your recommendation for thumbnails is 300x450 limited to 70k.

If I want to fruther improve the speed would you recommend to further lower the JPEG size or to reduce the resolution in Thumbgen. Thanks a lot!!

Hi Joey.

I have a small issue in big gallery view (I think that the name) I see a little white box or pixel on the center of the non-focus covers while the selected cover is show correctly is just with the items at right and left, I tried other view and everything seems to be fine.

http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/191/9jvj.jpg

Can you tell me what going on?

@Josh_k

The “Pixel” in Large Video View  is actually the unfocused cover …  1x2 pixel  

(0x0 was not accepted which would have simply rendered it invisable)

I managed to hide it in Alaska Light with a bit of work (but, had to lock the background wallpaper)

Did’nt want to lock the wallpaper in Alaska Dark, so i left it  “as is”

Oh I see… …actually until now I´m aware of the pixel it seem to be more noticeable in some covers than others.

By the way Joey what´s new on  AlaskaDARK_V1.3 ? I´m still using v1.2 but I don´t see the change log for v1.3.

Josh_K wrote:

Oh I see… …actually until now I´m aware of the pixel it seem to be more noticeable in some covers than others.

By the way Joey what´s new on  AlaskaDARK_V1.3 ? I´m still using v1.2 but I don´t see the change log for v1.3.

Nothing, except it’s the 15 thumbs in “Gallery View”

Great work and looks great.

One question though, I am using AlaskaDARK_V1.3 and I want to add the watched program icon.

I watch quite a lot of tv series and can never remember where I was. 

How can I add this to your theme. I generaly use the 15 image page.

Cheers.

Thanks mre15

To add the “Watched” icon to 15 Thumbnail page you will need to edit

rv_gallery_browse_page.xml

and add this line of code

you will have to play around with the x,y postions depending on where you want to display on screen

Thanks for the prompt reply, I will give it a try later after work.

Which program do you recommend to use for editing the xml file.

Cheers.

notepad++

http://notepad-plus-plus.org/