Alaska Resurface [WDTV LIVE HUB & SMP]

I also have a request about a change to the " MOVIES/VIDEO" in the top left.

Would make more sence to have something like " MEDIA/VIDEO" or just VIDEO…something like that.

Not all video we view are movies, you have home videos and tv shows among other formats. I think the word MEDIA or just the single word VIDEO would cover things better :wink:

I can easly do it joey if you have the psd?

Thanks bro :slight_smile:

Nevermind, i see you have done things different with the pngs this time. Was easy to do without the psds.

Thanks again, have a good weekend everyone.

thanks littleg68 for the bug report and photo

wrong image in the gallery folder *doh*

fixed  (updated links on page(1) as well)

AlaskaDARK_V1.3_15_TBN.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?5z4a103rq5epcxt

AlaskaDARK_V1.3_15_TBN_VERT.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?xa8fbl3p4wrz3lq

yes yunes i am aware of this … requires re-editing a lot of code to re-enable the scrolling text (haven’t had time)

will update soon to fix this.

1 Like

I’d noticed the dark line as well but loved the theme enough to ignore it, really glad to say the update works like a charm and the whole thing looks 100% on my SMP. Thanks a lot Joey, you’ve got a real talent there.

@Plums00

I like your genre icons, looks good … keep up the good work :smiley:

sincerely, JS

“Aeon Nox” Genre thumbs look kinda cool as well …  a bit colorless, but that’s how the original Author “Frodo” wanted them to be.

(i resized them / renamed them to folder.jpg  if anyone wants to use them)

http://www.mediafire.com/?nqpv5gbvmog2fth

Full credits to “Frodo” over at the XBMC Forum:   

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=141714

I really love this theme but having one problem. I can get the music thumb showing properly on the main page but when you click through it doesnt show! Its really frustrating me.

Also, is there a way to add more HD Movie images?

Thanks for your help.

i don’t understand either questions :confounded:

provide more info and/or pictures

Welshrobbo wrote:

I really love this theme but having one problem. I can get the music thumb showing properly on the main page but when you click through it doesnt show! Its really frustrating me.

Also, is there a way to add more HD Movie images?

Thanks for your help.

make sure you have the cover image int eh directory with the music files

try it labelled as “folder.jpg” or “foldername.jpg” or both. see if that resolves it

ok, i kinda get it

remember if you have folder.jpg for music … press the GREEN button to set the filter to sort by Folder or Album

if you don’t want to sort that way … then you will need ID3 tagged album art embedded in the music files.

1 Like

About ID3 tagged album art embedded in the music files do you know how the hub manage them? I mean, does it generate compressed thumbnail the same way it does for jpg folder file?

Thanks everyone for the advice. I have tried folder.jpg way with no success. I’ll try and embed the art with mp3 tag which seems to be the most used.

Thanks again!

Which is not gonna work with wav or flac files. OK maybe with flac it is possible but wav does not support embedded info.

Try what Drizzt09 says rename your images to foldername.jpg and add a foldername.xml to it for mp3, wav, flac ect albums/folders.

I’m using the music/artist/album/info xml JoeySmyth provided for his Aeonish Hub theme and it works every time.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
Album name Artist name Album genre Album year A little wiki album/artist information.. N/A N/A N/A

I have most of my music file on the hub in flac, my folder structure is a folder named music with all album folders inside, the album folders have the same name of the relative ID3 album tag, most of my album have the folder.jpg files for cover art (300x300 jpg linear base) no xml files needed. This way the hub will display the album cover art without any problem using album view or folder view. For wav files it’s better to use folder view otherwise you need to make a xml files for each albums.

Embedding with mp3tag worked an absolute treat. Thanks very much. Is there any way of adding hd covers for movies or is this a limitation of the wdtv?

Fantastic theme by the way, really clean. Thanks for your efforts

@Welshrobbo

If you want better quality resolution clearer poster images for your movies you will have to use external software. eg Thumbgen

I recommend a resolution of 300x450 Max file size 70kb (resolutions and filesizes higher than this … navigation will start to slow down)

Here’s a simple 300x450 template you can use with Thumbgen

2 important settings under “options”

1.Input/Output Naming > Main moviesheet > $M$N > .jpg

2.Moviesheets > Maximum Filesize > Limit to: 70000 bytes

http://www.mediafire.com/?3eo03413cb1g2bm

building on what  Medic saidabout the xml

since you are using mp3tag. if you go to options > export and create a new config

paste the template:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
%album% %artist% %genre% %year% %comment% N/A N/A N/A

and set export name to your coding.xml [example: %artist% - %year% - %album%.xml]

this will generateand fill the info in for you when you are generating it all with mp3tag

1 Like

Thx drizzt09 I use mp3tag too, it’s a good software, I didn’t know the feature, very useful! :wink:

Thanks for the thumbgen tip, problem is I have no clue how to use it and tutorials look complex. Will try and give it a go though.

Thanks,

JoeySmyth wrote:

This is a Non-Moviesheet Theme (ie. It’s just using Poster Thumbnails)

3rd Party Software (eg. “Thumbgen” is NOT Required)  it’s optional if you wish to use it.

(Inspired by Xbmc Alaska by Hitcher)

Works and looks GREAT on my smp.

Thank you JoeySmyth.

Cheers