Again with Netflix

I’ve seen multiple threads on the boards about this, but none with recent updates, so either I’m missing the answer or the community has given up on this problem.

Symptom:  Netflix freezes loading a program after about 25%.  This almost *never* happens from the autoload when it automatically launches into the next episode in a series (what an aggravating feature that is!).  But it almost *always* happens if we stop a program and before it ends and launch something new.

I can exit back out to the main menu, and Netflix will load normally for one program again (although the response gets a bit sluggish) but the problem will return immediately after that.

I can reset the box with a cold boot (unplug and re-plug) and it will behave a bit better for two or three programs but then the problem returns.

I have the latest firmware - at least, there is no alert telling me a firmware update is waiting.

We do not get similar behavior using Netflix on our laptops.  We’ll have a WII setup soon and I’ll be able to compare on that.

Thanks for any response on this.

Hello,

Try resetting the unit with reset button located in the bottom part of the media player.

Check the instructions below…

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3646/session/L3RpbWUvMTM1NTQyMjI4NC9zaWQvNWs0a3JGZGw%3D

The only thing is that on your hub the reset button is on the bottom part of the media player

1 Like

Thanks very much - giving that a try tho I’m not sure why that would be more effective than cycling power.

I won’t mark this as Solved until we get improved behavior for more than a few days.

- Rob

Because a reset is completely different to cycling power.

Sorry to ask a question off topic but does a reset clear the content on the HDD ?

Also I have only just purchased a WD Live TV Hub and it does not have Netflix ??? am I doing something wrong with the setup ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

leemanton wrote:

Sorry to ask a question off topic but does a reset clear the content on the HDD ?

Also I have only just purchased a WD Live TV Hub and it does not have Netflix ??? am I doing something wrong with the setup ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

No, a reset doesn’t erase files from the HDD.

have only just purchased a WD Live TV Hub and it does not have Netflix

Where do you live?

Thank you for the swift reply.

I am a UK resident and I thought (maybe mistakenly) that Netflix and Blockbuster were on this device.

Don’t get me wrong I think its a great product and I am enjoying using it.

I believe that Blockbuster is no longer on any WDTV device.   That service was discontinued quite a while back.

NetFlix is not available on the Hub in the UK.   It’s only available on the Hub in US/Canada.

Thank you for the reply / update.

Good to know. Fast responce.

This looks to be a great forum btw !