After upgrade to 1.02.12 network connectivity problem still shows

I have downloaded the new 1.02.12 firmware, and successfully updated my WD MyBook WorldEdition 2TB manually. But the unit still drops of the network after 4 minutes. I am in an all-Windows 7 environment with a NetGear DHCP router. I have tried to put a static IP address, and it works for about 4 minutes also, then the unit disappears. I have to do the Reset thing from the back.

[Added Info]: I don’t think my NIC is dead because it accepts static IP and accepts DHCP IP; It just won’t hold on to it for more than 3-4 minutes.

Help, please, because I have been waiting for this firmware update for 4 weeks and I only updated it from the previous 1.02.10 after reading the thread for the new one and making sure there were no new complaints.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, you’re lucky! My unit doesn’t show up on the network at all. I want to use my unit to backup over Time Machine, and the AFP doesn’t seem to work. :frowning:

Sorry but I’m unable to suggest anything.

However, FWIW, you didn’t have to update to .12 version! It fixes nothing with Windows OS neither adds any new functionality. It was just for those of us who jumped too early and upgraded to OS X Lion.