After joining AD user level permission not applied

Hi All,
I have recently joined my WD cloud ultra EX2 to domain but after joining when I am trying to give permission at user’s level is not applied. it is taking only AD group level permission.

My Scenario:

User A and User B is members of group A , we have 2 share folders named as A & B. After joining the domain when I give Read only access permission to group A on both shared folder, it is applied for both users , means both users can view the content of shared folders A&B and rather users A & B are having deny access permission on both shared folders. but still they are getting read only access. ideally it should be user A should get share folder A and user B should get share folder B.

Hi @Ankush.mehra,

Please be informed that most of our My Cloud devices have the ability to be joined to an existing Active Directory (AD) Domain. The AD users and groups will be imported into the My Cloud device with the default permission of deny.

For detailed information, please refer to the link below of Private Shares are Inaccessible (Access Denied) After Joining a My Cloud to an Active Directory Domain:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11814

Hi Keerti,

Issue is not getting permission on AD group, issue is when I give permission on AD group and user’s level its takes only AD group permission not user’s level. means Lets suppose if I give read only permission on AD group and in that 3 users having and I set the permissions RW user1, RO user2 and deny access to user3 so its not taking user’s level permissions. it is taking only group level permission.